Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Associate
This game deserves a quality 4K hdr tv to do it justice if at all possible. Truly stunning and I think those that weren’t blown away by it didn’t get the hdr as it was simply stunning! Frozen Wilds is great too; more of the same but the snow fx are even better.

My game of the generation all things considered I think.

Man of Honour
I bought this a while ago but I'm trying to complete Nier automata before I start it. Is the dlc still on offer and is it worth buying now before I even start the main game?

Soldato
I bought this a while ago but I'm trying to complete Nier automata before I start it. Is the dlc still on offer and is it worth buying now before I even start the main game?

It'll be on offer again at some point, probably better to start the full game first and decide if you want more from it afterwards.

Associate
This game's DLC suffers from the same difficulty curse that many other DLCs for other games suffer from, in that they are harder than the base game. For people who've played The Witcher 3 with all DLCs on, you may remember that if you decided to do Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine first, before finishing up the main game, the Wild Hunt was a pushover when you were at level 60 (as the base game was supposed to be finished when you were at about level 40). It destroys the immersion in a way, as a vampire from Blood & Wine is stronger than the leader of the Wild Hunt, who are essentially trying to destroy the world.

Same deal with HZD, if you decide to do the DLC first then the final boss of the main game is easy. Yet you're kind of supposed to do it this way, as if you complete the DLC first you get some companions from the DLC for the end battle of the base game. Such weird choices sometimes.

HZD was a great game (it was a learning curve) and I am hoping for HZD 2 to be announced soon.

Associate
Yeah sounds like. I didn't realise companions from the DLC were in the main game, too. That would be a nice experience.

Just a couple of people and you exchange a few words, nothing massive.

Play both games as you feel like @Kreeeee , but if you want a challenge up until the end I suggest doing the DLCs after the main stories are wrapped up.

Man of Honour
Just a couple of people and you exchange a few words, nothing massive.

Play both games as you feel like @Kreeeee , but if you want a challenge up until the end I suggest doing the DLCs after the main stories are wrapped up.
I'll try and keep it challenging because Zelda BotW was awesome for the first 20-30 hours right up until it became a cake walk.

Nier Automata route B is complete trash so I might just drop that game now and move onto HZD/The Witcher 3.

Soldato
I'll try and keep it challenging because Zelda BotW was awesome for the first 20-30 hours right up until it became a cake walk.

Nier Automata route B is complete trash so I might just drop that game now and move onto HZD/The Witcher 3.

I wouldn't do that, honestly. Route B might seem unnecessary but it still adds quite a lot to the story if you're observant enough and prepares you for the rest. Of course, drop it if you don't feel like it and move onto W3 and HZD, both good games and different enough to be played simultaneously. Just saying Nier might be worth completing if you're this far.

Associate
HZD was a stunning achievement. Suspect will be hearing about and seeing previews of the sequel next year. Will be one of the launch games on PS5 hopefully; the greatest game visually this gen imo.

Soldato
HZD was a stunning achievement. Suspect will be hearing about and seeing previews of the sequel next year. Will be one of the launch games on PS5 hopefully; the greatest game visually this gen imo.
I'd say one of best visual games ever, I'm still to do frozen wilds mind.

I loved getting the plat on this :D

Back
Top Bottom