** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Caporegime
The odd supporter throwing a banana or shouting racist abuse at players in England is disgusting but still nothing compared to the Italians.

1 supporter killed, 4 stabbed, Koulibaly suffered monkey chants from sections of the Inter support all night and was then sent off for clapping those that aimed the chants at him.

Italian FA are now considering suspending Serie A.

Soldato
The odd supporter throwing a banana or shouting racist abuse at players in England is disgusting but still nothing compared to the Italians.

1 supporter killed, 4 stabbed, Koulibaly suffered monkey chants from sections of the Inter support all night and was then sent off for clapping those that aimed the chants at him.

Italian FA are now considering suspending Serie A.
Shocking

Soldato
He wasn't applauding the fans, but the referee for making an awful decision. Understandably out of frustration after being racially abused the entire game without anything being done. Commentators on ElevenSports didn't mention it either but it was painfully obvious every time he had the ball.

Of course the game should have been stopped as soon as the abuse started, but even under these circumstances he was having a blinder. Best player on the pitch.

Man of Honour
Nobody will ever compare, not in this lifetime.

At the risk of opening a can of worms. Ronaldo.

I'd say a player that's proved himself in 3 leagues, banging in goals for fun and breaking records, as well as proving himself on the international stage and won things, far eclipses what Messi has done, who's only ever done it at one club and been a flop for Argentina. In my opinion*, Ronaldo is way ahead of Messi

* please see the key word here, opinion.

Soldato
I'd agree. Messi is the greatest Barcelona footballer. Ronaldo is an absolute professional that has adapted to 3 major leagues, had success at international level (ok, he was off the pitch when they won it) and such achievements are what I feel the "better" player.

Now, if only they'd join the same team and play together ffs.

Back
Top Bottom