Recommend me a NVME Drive

Soldato
Hi all,

recently got a 2950X build, with 1 NVME (970gb 250GB) as my boot drive and 2x Teamgroup 1TB sata drives.

Both the Teamgroup Drives are almost full so added a samsung 1TB Evo Which will be full soon enough

my board (ASUS zenith Extememe) can support more drives via NVME as i run out of sata drive space

which NVME drives are the go to? their just for Steam so don't need extreme speeds

Caporegime
Oops sorry I totally missed you were the OP with your second post. Makes more sense now.

Didn't see the 860 Evo came in an M2 format. Prices for NVME aren't much more than SATA based M2 drives so I'd go that way.

The Adata 480GB NVME is cheaper than the 860 Evo, so is the 970 Evo unless you can find a really cheap 860 Evo price I wouldn't bother with SATA M2.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, no wonder I was confused in your PC thread when you asked for NVMe drives for steam.

M.2 form factor with a SATA bus, how many of the ports on your board support SATA? I think it is three, but that is using the DIMM.2 riser board, do you have any other M.2 devices currently fitted, other than the 250GB 970 Evo boot drive?

Getting back to the point, it looks like you have two free slots on the DIMM.2 riser board so any old cheap SATA M.2 drive will do. You can pick up a 2TB Western Digital Blue for about £275, which would leave you one M.2 slot free for adding another drive at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom