• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
my arorus 1080ti sucks for noise,Heat & temperture also any type of oc it crashes.. their better than their motherboards but not by much.

Really?? I have a Aorus 1080Ti (non extreme) which is in a Corsair 570X. I guess you have sensitive hearing as mine is pretty quiet even at 100% fan speed and max temps in load are 70c during most games when OC'd to 2025mhz on the core.

Sounds like your ambient case temps are very warm due to bad airflow? Do you clean out your case often of dust?

Associate
I got my Aorus RTS 2080 today and threw it in; whenever a game's running there is an awful grinding/whiny sound coming from it - even when the fans aren't moving. I tried capping games to 60fps to see if it was transistor whine but it just changes the tone of the sound, really strange. Anyone else had a similar issue? I've thrown a video up on vimeo where you can hear where it kicks in...

Caporegime
I got my Aorus RTS 2080 today and threw it in; whenever a game's running there is an awful grinding/whiny sound coming from it - even when the fans aren't moving. I tried capping games to 60fps to see if it was transistor whine but it just changes the tone of the sound, really strange. Anyone else had a similar issue? I've thrown a video up on vimeo where you can hear where it kicks in...

Coil whine, pretty bad as well considering its easily heard in the video, normally have to really listen to notice it.

Associate
Aaarghhh make it stop! :eek:

Sounds like the card is being tortured. :p

Associate
Form over function on these, decorative stuff so close to the fans won't be doing anyone any favours. Standard.

Edit: uh, somehow only saw page 1. Apologies all, no idea what the topic was onto now but I'm confident I'll have missed it :o

Associate

Just to say, the card you have isn't an AORUS RTX 2080 as you mentioned (and as this thread concerns), it's one of the normal Gigabyte, non-AORUS branded cards.

Hoping my AORUS 2080 Ti Xtreme won't have coil whine like that, takes me back to my Gigabyte 970 SLI setup which whined like a baby.

Caporegime

RMA

Associate
That's not good, sounds like my old plasma TV did when it went wrong. Was something to do with the capacitors

Associate
Is appreciate a stock update too. I was originally told these would arrive with OCUK on Friday. It would be good to if that’s still true/ when you expect they’ll ship.

Back
Top Bottom