• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Binned 9900k

Associate
I assume this is okay since they aren't a competitor.

Caseking is now offering Prebinned 9900ks:

Advanced edition
Prices in Euros

5.1GHz = 929.90
5.0GHz = 849.90
4.9GHz = 799.90
4.8GHz = 779.90

Looks like these are delidded and have the STIM replaced with Liquid Metal.

Associate
OP
Has anyone received a 9900k that wont do 5/5.1GHz all core?

I assume the cost here is related to the time it takes to do the delidding, but i can't see why they would offer anything lower than 5.1 all core.

Soldato

I assume the cost here is related to the time it takes to do the delidding, but i can't see why they would offer anything lower than 5.1 all core.

Because not all chips will do 5/5.1ghz all core? not all silicon is equal my friend.

Soldato
Surely you are better off playing the silicon lottery rather than buying a binned chip which is guaranteed to do less than 5 GHz?

I assume they bin before doing the delid. In which case I am dubious of the quality of the process. Are they making them worse?

Associate
OP

I understand the silicon lottery, but i thought they were binning before delid. This would mean all their delids should be 5GHz at least i should think.
I can't see any reason for them to be delidding a chip that will only do 4.8GHz. Where is the demand?

I havent heard from anyone that hasn't managed to do 5GHz all cores yet either, so the 4.8GHz offering is a strange one.

Permabanned
Guys yet again people got no clue about Binned CPU's..
Let me explain.
Those are Maximum stress for 12-24 hours stable.
The pathetic review Overclocks are NOT stable... Try rendering Video project that takes over 24 hours and have a bsod 18 hours in....~

You pay extra for assurance that at 5.0 or 5.1 those will NEVER EVER CRASH no matter what You will use them for.

The 4.8 will be lowest clocking ones. But they kinda cant sell USED cpu as NEW can they ??
Would You like to receive Used/binned reject cpu when paying for new ?

Soldato
Guys yet again people got no clue about Binned CPU's..
Let me explain.
Those are Maximum stress for 12-24 hours stable.
The pathetic review Overclocks are NOT stable... Try rendering Video project that takes over 24 hours and have a bsod 18 hours in....~

You pay extra for assurance that at 5.0 or 5.1 those will NEVER EVER CRASH no matter what You will use them for.

The 4.8 will be lowest clocking ones. But they kinda cant sell USED cpu as NEW can they ??
Would You like to receive Used/binned reject cpu when paying for new ?

Well in that case, all those above binned CPUS should do there overclock and also DO max out AVX as well
i would be curious if they would pass a 24 hour AVX stress test. hence makes your point null in void....

Soldato
If ya looking at this thinking wow thats a silly idea then its probably not aimed at you. There are people out there who prefer binned CPUs probably to save the hassel of trying to find a good chip them selves.

Permabanned
If ya looking at this thinking wow thats a silly idea then its probably not aimed at you. There are people out there who prefer binned CPUs probably to save the hassel of trying to find a good chip them selves.
They DO pass 24h AVX test. At lest my 2700x from silicone lottery does, Tested at Binned Settings aka 4.2 on all cores with 1.425vcore did 20 hours prime and 10 hours AVX IBT MAX crash free.I paid 100 pounds over OCUK boxed price aka 30% more for that very reason.
Just finished 37 hour rendering project from Halloween Rave. Now need ot upload 60 gigs to Youtube haha.

Have You actually read how procedure for Binned CPU's look ??

Back
Top Bottom