• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Quite easily with the cpw trade in offer that was doing the rounds at release. Managed to get £465 for my S8+ towards it.

Don't think I can get my head round dropping best part of £1k on a phone, so I wouldn't be able to justify buying it outright.

But it's been faultless and I never knew how handy the S Pen could be! Use it everyday for work.

Soldato
That's it, my xa1 ultra is an okay phone that has a few annoying little bugs and needs a new display as its got some discolouration after being dropped. I'd like to upgrade but don't need to.

I could afford to buy a note 9 but the cost is obscene, I'd only get £50 trading my current phone in. But it would be nice to have have the top phone once again.

Soldato
Doesn't help you I know but I just bought my second Note 9 from fleebay for £550 last week. Was £599.99 but got the 10% off. It's my second because the first one I bought was £670 again off eBay but I struggled to justify that price and stuck with my Pixel 2XL. At £550 though it's a bargain! :D

Soldato
I get PayPal offers buyer protection but what about warranty or getting the device insured? Some of them seem to be Korean models, so I'm assuming that would be problematic.

Soldato
Your concerns are understandable but I always do my homework before such a purchase. Obviously a reliable seller is no1 priority and from there it does no harm to ask questions like exact model number etc. If a seller lies to make a sale eBay will have a record. I will generally try and go for business sellers as they sometimes do tend to offer a modicum of warranty. I did end up with a fake Galaxy S5 back in the day and I knew it as soon as I opened it. As I used a company they were more than happy to refund. Also check serial numbers etc if/when you receive the phone.

Caporegime
At a guess, no. They seem to be on offer here and there, usually not that long after release but don't remember seeing any deals in previous BFs.

Associate
I so want this phone, but refuse to get a contract. To those of you who bought yours outright how did you justify it? Lol
I bought mine on the Samsung update program which basically means buying the New Galaxy Note on release day each year but taking out a new 24 month contract each time, until you decide to stick with one for full term 24 months, with 0% interest and usually a pre order gift but not this time.

I probably should have stuck with my Note 8 from last year as it was a good phone, but I upgraded anyway. I'll see what the Note 10 brings but I'm happy with the 9 so far :)

Soldato
OP
@doodah

I noticed massive battery drain over several nights while in Amsterdam last week 40%+ loss, decent enough connection and this continued at home last 2 nights . So after October update I cleared the cache yesterday and overnight I lost 5% might be worth a punt see if it helps you

Associate
Just Purchased one via samsung upgrade program. Should be a decent step up from a s7 edge. Big selling point is the s pen for me. Currently go through a notebook every 2 weeks or so. Just need a decent flip case for it and will be good to go. What flip cases are the best ones guys.

Soldato
Just Purchased one via samsung upgrade program. Should be a decent step up from a s7 edge.
I found my s7e was a much nicer size for fitting in your pockets and for making phone calls

What flip cases are the best ones guys.
I think the Samsung ones are great, There very slim for a flip case
(I use the Samsung LED flip cases for my S7e & note 8 & note 9 )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom