• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
No review yet? :eek:

Suprised Greg hasn’t reviewed his yet :p

On the dying FE card front I was a little worried but have done everything I can before putting block on mine. Given it a good 24hr run at maximum load without missing a heartbeat. Best I can do really as usually when they die they die pretty early on.

But so far so good on mine (fingers crossed).

Associate
The scale of these failures makes me worry of how many of these RTX cards are faulty and how many out there are ticking time bombs.

My first 2080 Ti FE from nvidia at the moment seems to be holding up ok, no space invader artifacts at least just yet and gaming overall seems fine and very stable for the time being, this card was received on the 22nd and has been running 24/7 since then.

The second 2080 Ti I bought from nvidia again had one dodgy fan (the one closer to the ports) that has a grinding sound even when spinning by hand, other fan was fine. The LED logo was also faulty, red for a second or two and then it changes to orange and stays there, card seemed to operate normally otherwise but only ran it for 30mins roughly so no idea if this card would have failed eventually.

Did an online chat the day I received the second card (24th Oct) and they started an RMA immediately, hadn't heard anything since so I messaged them today (29th) using the online chat again and they are said they are still waiting for stock it seems even though I could happily buy it from the store for over a week and have it in a day or two.

On the plus side they put it through as advanced RMA so hopefully I will get the replacement before I send this back, and hopefully the new one works ok.

Associate
I cancelled my Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Windforce OC 11GB which now got postponed to the 2nd of December!.

Instead I found another retailer that had Gainward RTX 2080Ti Phoenix Golden Sample 11GB in stock (albeit a bit more expensive) and I should get that card thursday :)

Interesting, I was also looking for it (after I've cancelled the Duke today) but only found some in Germany.
It will be nice if you could share this UK store for the Gainward GS, even in pm.

Associate
Mine has been fine but hopefully will carry on being just that. Nothing worse than a faulty card and waiting on turnaround.

I noticed artefacting on my 2080Ti XC Ultra, even on desktop which got me worried. But this was with an OC and was after playing SCVI for a while... it hasn’t appeared since. Although I’m not 100% sure if it’s gone as I’ve had no time to play on my PC over the past few weeks.

Soldato
I noticed artefacting on my 2080Ti XC Ultra, even on desktop which got me worried. But this was with an OC and was after playing SCVI for a while... it hasn’t appeared since. Although I’m not 100% sure if it’s gone as I’ve had no time to play on my PC over the past few weeks.

I've had some weirdness with my Gigabyte card. It is going back. My EVGA XC Ultra is arriving on Thursday which is good. What kind of temps, fan speed and noise are you getting with it?

Associate
Seems to be plenty of complaints on the nvidia forum about leds and artifacting issues on these new cards which is disappointing for the high asking price, seems to be some really bad QC issues.

I do use an Asus Z370 Formula but never used their RGB software, I do use nzxt cam for the fan and strips as well as corsair link for the RGB on the AIO pump. Those two haven't affected the other card at at all in nearly a week. Haven't even seen the green logo on the other card though from the very first power up.

When I boot up the working card, there is about a 2 second or so delay before the card even lights up and then shows green instantly, the other one is instantly red then orange the second I press the power button.
Those are not artifacts, this is the new ray tracing feature.

Soldato
Mmm 999 in the US but still 1250 euros over here. Homelands discount due to lower distribution costs?

That's not the same card... the $999 one has the part number 11G-P4-2281-KR. This product doesn't exist on the EU website yet. The 1250 Euros card you mention has the part number 11G-P4-2282-KR, which is also on the US site at $1149.

Associate
That's not the same card... the $999 one has the part number 11G-P4-2281-KR. This product doesn't exist on the EU website yet. The 1250 Euros card you mention has the part number 11G-P4-2282-KR, which is also on the US site at $1149.

Ah yes good spot. Black edition and black xc edition. Subtle

Associate
I am returning my FE one, all the games I played were fine with my 1080, I will buy it back next year when it will be cheaper or with a game bundled or something, I could buy a second hand 1080 ti and wait for the 3000 series to be honest

Back
Top Bottom