**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Associate
anybody going to be on over the weekend? I'll be able to find some time tomorrow night for a couple of hours but over the weekend i plan on being on for all the hours available.....If it's not complete rubbish. anybody fancy grouping up?

Associate
I thought it was going to be a midnight beta here. now its 9pm?! hmmm

I am at work until at least 10pm.... this sucks.

anybody going to be on?

Soldato
I hate myself already for this but I just have to see for myself how this is going to be so I just checked cdkeys & they have dropped the beta key price from £3.99 to £1.49 (due to low demand!) so I am currently downloading right now :eek: It starts 11PM London time apparently but only for 2 hours initially!

Associate
Runs like garbage, NO 21:9 support, doesn't feel like a fallout game, feels more like Skyrim with guns mod.

Refunded

Think I’m going to try all the beta times and see how far I get, it might be better further in, but at the moment... doesn’t look ‘great’. Can I have RDR2 yet?

Soldato
still waiting to get in took 2 hours to download then almost 1 hour to install LOL. its supposed to be live until 3AM London time. There is a nasty bug if you hit the wrong button in the Bethesda launcher it breaks the download & sends you back to the start! Also anyone who preloaded the BETA had to redownload the entire 47.67GB again!

Soldato
See I'm the opposite it runs really well at 4k ultra looks pretty good and plays really fluently. Played an hour or so tonight.

It's fun and I can see me sinking hours into it, it's just more fun with people. For me this is now a purchase :D

Man of Honour
I've been watching some livestream video of it. Looks fine, some bugs (the Invincible Uncaring Scorched was funny - never attacks, can't be harmed), performance a bit ropey in places...as expected, really. A main story I'm interested in, many side stories told with lots of notes and lots of stuff to explore, gameplay mechanics that I'd prefer over those in FO4 (especially crafting).

But not my cup of tea. No mods, no real NPCs, other people cluttering up my gameplay. Not my thing.

Soldato
Managed to get 3 hours in it only just finished 3.07am LOL

Gfx are only on High though no Ultra available yet. Looks pretty dated nowhere near as good as Fallout 4. Until they let you unlock Ultra no way to judge the graphics.

If you only want to explore its okish but needs a lot more work. Not sure at this stage about it. Some is ok some is weak. need to play a lot more for my £1.49 investment LOL in the next beta on 1s Nov!

Soldato
Due to all the issues tomorrows BETA session has been extended to a full 9 hours. 6PM-3AM (2-11PM EDT).
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/followin...will-get-a-lengthier-session-later-this-week/

Right now the game is in a playable state but the biggest issue I found was the actual location surprisingly enough it does not feel very Falloutish as its mainly rural countryside with no real cities to explore. This feels a little odd especially as the gfx are way below Fallout 4 quality right now due to no Ultra quality being available & no vsync or AA options either.
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/fallout-76-graphics-settings//

I am going to carry on playing the BETA when it comes back up to get my full £1.49 worth ;) but very unlikely to order the full game its just not working as either an MMO or Solo experience. One of the major problems is its just very empty feeling & mainly fetch quests with minimal combat unless you encounter someone or something on your way. Then all you need to do is sneak get a few well placed shots in (even at level 4 you can take out waves of Super Mutants).

The respawn is also very poorly thought out you respawn very quickly right near to where you were killed & can go fetch your paper bag of items which will be right near to the same spot but more often than not you need to clear the area until you can pick it up as no grab all button. This means its easy to die more than once before you ever get a chance to grab your items back.

Another poor choice is the weapons they are so frustrating & annoying to the point of extreme irritation. Almost every single weapon needs to reload after every single shot on some weapons this takes ages its just really poorly designed & frustrating that no auto weapons even though there should be loads of them there are none so far.

No VATS is another major issue it reduces all combat to either sneak shoot run away return sneak shoot run away again or take a lot of damage.

Almost all the artwork are the exact same graphics as Fallout4. Same models, buildings, items etc etc. Very few new models its like a modder made this with the existing Creation Kit tools :rolleyes:

Weather FX are really poor as are almost all the graphics right now. Murky, hazy with some strange mist & fog filter applied to soften the image at all times it looks very low resolution even at 4K.

Weather cycles are too fast as well it changes so suddenly and spends little time in the daylight. No storm weather FX either has been enabled yet.

Water FX have been upgraded but once again they look poor right now especially from a distance.

Overall the game world streams very well with no delays or sudden popups but as the graphics are so low quality its not surprising. The gfx alone take up about 42GB of the required 50GB install size. Not sure why as they are so dated looking.

Even if Bethesda decide to redesign this as a standalone expansion for Fallout 4 (highly unlikely) I do not think it would be well regarded it needs so much more work to turn into a decent Solo experience its just not going to be viable. The game world map maybe large but a lot of its empty or bland landscapes. The distance between locations is longer. It maybe 4 times the size of Fallout 4 size wise but feels about 10 time smaller due to how little content is packed in here over a wider area.

If you plan to try the BETA allow about 2 hours to download the game files then another hour to actually install them before you can try again. Also uncheck the auto update button otherwise you can lose the existing game files & the poorly designed Bethesda client will redownload the entire game again. Some players reported downloading 300GB before they actually got to play the game!

Associate
@AWPC - when i loaded mine up last night (after an addititonal 25gb download :( ) i had my graphics set to ultra, although as i have an ultrawide monitor it didnt look to great as no support :(

i only played for about half an hour, and will give it another longer go in the next beta tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom