What did you do to your bike today?

Tea Drinker
Don
Seat back from the upholstery bloke. Even though it was a new foam and cover they still didn't match quite right. The new foam needed bulking up so that The yamaha logo didn't disappear under the seat

PgKtTP5.jpg

Soldato
Full clean down after riding through huge bogs and rivers. Wheels off, exhaust off and polished, pads out and cleaned up the callipers, tank and seat off to clean properly and air filter and enclosure cleaned, filter currently soaking in oil ready to put back in.

It’s a good job I enjoy maintaining and cleaning stuff :D

Tea Drinker
Don
Filled up with gearbox oil
Torqued the swing arm and front sprocket
Changed the rivet chain link I messed up with a split pin one

Aaaaaaaaaand kicked it over for the first time in 20 years and it sparks :D:D:D

Just waiting for some fuel clips then it's time to start it up.

fOIoMSK.jpg

Associate
Got mine Serviced and MOT'd, while it was in I took out the new R1250GS with cam shift for a couple of hours, very nice bike super smooth engine and gearbox, love the new TFT screen so easy to read.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the tyres Bridgestone Battaleax Adventure so noisy sounded like a wheel bearing had gone.

Got home Insurance renewal email was waiting for me £25 less than last year :) phoned them up to make one change as policy didn't show alarm and immobiliser as being fitted, no problem thats another £25 off the premium :) = £180 Full comp very happy

Soldato
I remember the days of £180 insurance. For three bikes... Then one got nicked. Now £1500! :(
Yeah mine use to be £285 for 2 bikes. Now it's £1400 since a sheep stepped out in front of me. If it happened in England I would have been able to claim on the farmers insurance. As it happened it was in Scotland where the stupid animals have a right to roam unfortunately!

Tea Drinker
Don
Dry fit all the panels stripped back down and boxed up ready for the painter.

Plumbed the fuel lines in. Aiming for ring ding ding Friday if the antifreeze turns up

No way the belly pan is going to fit. The pipes are far too big. I dremeled it a bit but there would be nothing left if I made it fit

7tYCZ14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom