Internet options in new home

Hey all.
Moving to Sinfin, Derby in a few weeks and have had a look on Uswitch at internet deals.
I am not overly bothered about a TV package and if the internet comes with some landline calls included then so be it.

I am leaning towards the 300+ mb package from Virgin, at £42 per month with a £20 setup fee.
I am currently with Plusnet but they only go up to 38mb at my current address and a smidge faster at my new address.

Before I proceed is there anything else I should consider?

Soldato
Really check the congestion. Sinfin is at the end of the line of a very densely populated area where between you and the centre is a lot of money that will afford VM services.

Although a copper option can't offer as much speed you may get a far more stable connection.

Associate
Sorry I totally forgot to check this thread last night!
It says FTTP is the technology used.

FTTP, not FTTP On Demand?

If it's full FTTP, then bite their hand off. Look at BT, Zen etc, you'll likely get the full headline speed, but far fewer worries about local congestion, which gets Virgin Media!

Soldato
OP
FTTP, not FTTP On Demand?

If it's full FTTP, then bite their hand off. Look at BT, Zen etc, you'll likely get the full headline speed, but far fewer worries about local congestion, which gets Virgin Media!
FTTP :).
No mention of on demand.
Gone for the 100mbps broadband and phone bundle. The new build offer gave me the first three months free.
Thanks for the help all!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

FTTP and you went with Virgin? :(

I can't even get Virgin and I know enough about congestion issues to even consider them, if I moved.

Back
Top Bottom