Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
^^

Told ya ;) :p :D

AFAIk, main thing is cause you don't have the botched checkerboarding enabled, which makes the motion more blurry too. Also, your monitor has a far higher PPI than the TV thus sharper looking display.

And that locked 30 fps will help big time too, may not seem much when fps drops to 27,28 etc. but that is quite the % drop from 30.

No you told me to do it on the OLED downstairs, it looked meh on that when I set the ps4 to 1080p mode. It looks far better going 1080p on my 1440p monitor.

Soldato
Complained earlier that the Blackjack was broken. Just had an odd one with the Poker too. I had the most money on the table, around $12. Went all in on a straight flush. Hit R1. Apparently I won a 10c "side pot" and was beaten for the main pot by a pair of threes...

Associate
Yeah I've had a couple of instances like that. Makes me wonder wether there's some sad sick individual sat there on the interweb who's hacked into it just to pee people off.

Or maybe the coding just isn't that great.

Caporegime
No you told me to do it on the OLED downstairs, it looked meh on that when I set the ps4 to 1080p mode. It looks far better going 1080p on my 1440p monitor.

That's cause your TV settings are ****** :p

No way should a basic TN panel look better than an oled screen regardless of ppi (within reason)

Soldato
The outfit disguise thing doesn't seem to work. Just tried an outfit I haven't worn before, with a full hood, guns I've never used before, and a horse I caught myself, right before testing.

Walked in to Strawberry, shot a bunch of people, fled back to New Hanover, changed everything back to my normal garb, weapons, and horse. Rode back to Strawberry. I was recognised instantly.

May try again with Cover Scent Lotion. Because the only logical explanations left are that the NPCs have superhuman smell, or the game is bugged.

TBH the more I play this game, the more I feel like it's a little undeserving of the praise it's garnered. The level of detail in some areas is incredibly impressive. But the controls are a bit naff, the gunplay isn't great, disguises don't work, horses are suicidal, and NPCs are overly aggressive. I wish I'd bought it on disk now, as I can't see myself spending much time with it once the story is done. Other than fighting and stealing, there isn't a lot to do if you don't enjoy hunting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Went out to catch the white Arabian horse before.. well worth it.

Took me half an hour or so, not bad.(That includes riding there from Rhodes.) Took a while to spot it in the snow! Which was easier said than done.

Soldato
I've got a really bugged bit just outside Rhodes. There are about 4 horses, all dead and decomposing but they are standing up in the middle of the track. They have been there since I got to the area, and every now and then a carriage goes past them and runs them over and usually breaks down and those horses die....there are about 10 of them there now!

Edit- there are 14 horses there... And I just got the fright of my life, I went over to search them and was going through the saddlebags and one came back to life and kicked me!

Soldato
Just had to help some guys deal with a wolf problem. Went over to the inspection area, wolves appeared. The moment I fired my shotgun, every one of the people I was helping decided I was a threat to them, and they proceeded to fire at me. Managed to deal with the wolves, but got a couple of the group's dogs too. Wanted :mad: Because it's me that's committed the crime here...

Red Dead 2 really is a frustrating mixture of really impressive, badly implemented, and broken game mechanics. It's jaw dropping and infuriating at the same time.

Caporegime
Red Dead 2 really is a frustrating mixture of really impressive, badly implemented, and broken game mechanics. It's jaw dropping and infuriating at the same time.

As do most games nowadays due to their complexity, The Witcher 3 iirc had some pretty gamebreaking stuff for some people on release. Most of the negatives I’m seeing for this should be easily patchable.

Back
Top Bottom