Cheap heated gloves worth it?

Caporegime
Those ebay jobbies won't last a week. You're looking at £100+ for decent kit if you want to be properly comfortable. As Taskmaster says, with heated grips you get sweaty palms and your hands and fingers want to fall off. With muffs it's a faff (although all the scooter couriers in London use them so they can't be that bad).

If you're commuting you're gonna want comfort, ease of use, safety and practicality above all. Cost comes last.

https://gerbing.co.uk/t-5-heated-gloves.html

Don't skimp on something you'll be wearing 100% of the time you ride your bike in winter. It's not worth it, trust me.

Man of Honour
I've been using a pair of Gerbings for the last few years and they're great, heating elements on the front and back of your hands, get hot enough to do you some serious damage if you whack them on high and it's not well into minus figures and they don't feel like you're riding in bulky oven gloves like some winter gloves.
@TallPaul_S used a pair as well IIRC before he became a fair weather fairy.

Soldato
Yes I did! I've still got mine even though I'm now a fair weather biker, I'll keep them in case I ever need to ride in the cold. I went through heated grips, then added muffs, finally onto the ultimate solution of heated gloves.

Get the gerbing gloves, not some cheap ones.

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
+1 for the Gerbings, ive got the XR12 Hybrid gloves & they are a serious bit of kit, your hands do get a bit sweaty on the max setting unless it's well into the minus's, I cannot fault them at all, worth every penny & then some.

Back
Top Bottom