• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Doesn't help you I know but I just bought my second Note 9 from fleebay for £550 last week. Was £599.99 but got the 10% off. It's my second because the first one I bought was £670 again off eBay but I struggled to justify that price and stuck with my Pixel 2XL. At £550 though it's a bargain! :D

Which seller? I got it from eurocart6 and although they say it's new, it's defeidefin been used. Noticed the battery draining a little faster than it should.

Soldato
Mine came from one called fortunaexchange. Only 2 negative feedback through the years and neither were for anything untoward.

Anyhoo, I've now decided to get rid of the Note again :p.
At least this one lasted a week.
I've been toing and froing with it and my 2XL once more and I REALLY wanted to like the Note considering it only cost me £550. Although adding on a wireless charger and a couple of cases I was up to £590 all in.
I don't want to repeat the essay I wrote a few weeks back but admittedly the handset itself and the screen are second to none.
Oddly enough I found I didn't like the buttons, they were too 'pointy' for want of a much better word, I prefer the pixel's.
I miss Pie, and yes I know the Samsung will get it but when and who knows what Samsung experience faffery they'll plaster over the top of it. But it's the Samsung apps etc (Bixby included) that I just cannot get on with.
The bottom line is no phone should need TWO app stores. I want an android phone with just the Google Play Store. And no phone should require TWO accounts to operate (Samsung and Google in this instance). You buy an iPhone you get an Apple ID, you buy an Android phone you get a Google account, why should I need an account specific to the hardware manufacturer?
I will now toy between my 2XL and the 6T that I have looked the like of quite a bit.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Had the Note 9 for a few days now, really nice phone and it has everything I need this year, mainly, no notch and a headphone jack, add to that stereo speakers, great camera and the amazing display there was no other phone I would consider this year, other than the S9+.

Since both were pretty much available for the same price of £550 the Note 9 was an obvious choice.

Any suggestions on a slim case that offers better grip?

Soldato
OP
Had the Note 9 for a few days now, really nice phone and it has everything I need this year, mainly, no notch and a headphone jack, add to that stereo speakers, great camera and the amazing display there was no other phone I would consider this year, other than the S9+.

Since both were pretty much available for the same price of £550 the Note 9 was an obvious choice.

Any suggestions on a slim case that offers better grip?

Check out some of the Spigen cases decent reviews and protection

Associate
Trying to decide if I can return to a normal phone from a Note 8 to a huawei mate 20 pro(test driving now) or if I should upgrade to the note 9 instead.

Note 8 never quite felt right as if it wasnt wide enough and the battery is appaling I have to normally charge it around lunch.
To be honest I only really use the s pen for meetings and editing photos, but saying that you can really beat it for photo editing on the move.

Has anyone else moved away from the note and s pen? How did you find it did you end up going back to the note series?

Soldato
Trying to decide if I can return to a normal phone from a Note 8 to a huawei mate 20 pro(test driving now) or if I should upgrade to the note 9 instead.

Note 8 never quite felt right as if it wasnt wide enough and the battery is appaling I have to normally charge it around lunch.
To be honest I only really use the s pen for meetings and editing photos, but saying that you can really beat it for photo editing on the move.

Has anyone else moved away from the note and s pen? How did you find it did you end up going back to the note series?

How does the p20 feel? It's narrower than the note 8 :)

Associate
It's very weird the phone it's self is smaller than the note 8 but I'm sure the screen is bigger....?
Definitely feels better in the hand than the note which is strange. Maybe it's the slippery feeling of the note 8 that seemed wrong.?

Last edited:
Soldato
Stupid Question time..

I wrote a Samsung note and then I needed to copy it to my PC
But when I plugged my note 9 into the PC I could not find the folder where these notes are saved :confused::o

Anyone know where the Samsung notes are saved ?

Soldato
OP
Stupid Question time..

I wrote a Samsung note and then I needed to copy it to my PC
But when I plugged my note 9 into the PC I could not find the folder where these notes are saved :confused::o

Anyone know where the Samsung notes are saved ?

If your using Win10 there is a Samsung notes app to share between phone/pc in windows apps

Or you can convert to a PDF , text or jpeg and share via email etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Those on EE with a Note 9

Is there any reason to put EE firmware on a Note 9 or does BTU now offer everything? ie i know volte/woifi calling works on BTU but what about any other EE specific magic that's goes on in the background?

Back
Top Bottom