**** Halloween.

Soldato
OP
I was trying to think of a polite way of pointing out that it had probably been painted before, but thankfully you already know.

Yep, that panel was repaired about 5 years ago when someone pulled out of the junction I was turning in to. Funnily enough, the guy who I just got the quote from used to work at the coachworks which did that repair - which is good, because I was very impressed with the repair they did back then.
Out of interest, how could you tell it's been repaired from the pictures...just the way that the paint has cracked?

Associate
what a pain...

It may well have not even been intentional, and just a someone lobbing the pumpkin into the air and not really caring/thinking where it was going.

As said already – they’re just oblivious to the cost of these things (and where the cash comes from). I don’t necessarily think it’s a case that they don’t care, just complete ignorance that it will cost more than a tenner to fix.

A couple years ago some kids thought it was hilarious to throw eggs at cars driving by and collected my dad’s car. The shell shards dug into the paint enough that it needed a respray… crazy…

Associate
Had a pumpkin put through my car window years ago, it was un-carved and still in one piece, so I assumed the ******* had bought it to throw.

I would say I feel your pain, but it was a K-reg 106. Cost as much as your repair job.

Associate
I don't partake in Halloween. Just an irritating time of year when the shops are selling seasonal tat and kids are roaming the streets begging for sweets. Easily ignored usually, I don't put any decorations up and I just turn off the lights in the front rooms to make it obvious I'm not bothering with it.

I guess you don't have children. This time of year is all about the kids having fun. Totally gutted about your car for sure but don't take it out on the kids that have done nothing but have a fun evening. I agree teenagers in this area will be the culprit here not the young ones just having fun.

I never understand people that can't just buy a bag of sweets put a pumpkin outside smile and see a little joy with giving some 5 - 10 year olds a couple of sweets, I'm sure you done it when you where young!

As for the car, its a damn shame but it happens and you have to just suck it up and get on with life.

Soldato
Lol, give up. Halloween is seen as an excuse to cause a nuisance by many nowadays.

If my light is off it’s because I don’t want to be disturbed, so don’t bother me and don’t touch my house or my car.

For some insane reason the scum of society see that as a reason to deface someone’s house with eggs or lob pumpkins at cars.

Associate
I'm raging just looking at those pictures.

I don't mind taking part by opening the door to kids who have made an effort, we don't get any trouble on our street at all, but on some estates it definitely seems like an excuse for the teenagers to lob some eggs about.
Hopefully karma will catch up with the culprits one day, hopefully when their pride and joy gets hit by a pumpkin.

Associate
We had something similar near us.
A link road where the council have put in traffic calming measures on a slight hill causes people to slow down and the kids/teenagers were all dressed up on the side of the road (about 30-40ft away on the grass).
They were launching rocks and bricks at passing cars, luckily they were missing them, but they hit a bus right by the drivers window.
I pulled up further up the road and rang the plod. Reported what was happening and got "what do you expect us to do about it, we only have 2 cars and a van patrolling a 10 miles radius tonight"
As I was just about to give them an earful down the phone, they said "oh there have been 7 more reports about that. We will get someone out in the next hour or so!"
I just hung up, as I couldn't be bothered.
If I had pulled up around the corner and dished out some "justice" the plod would have been there in 2 mins.

Soldato
That will T-Cut right out ma......oh wait, maybe not. :eek::(

Seriously though, kids this Halloween seem to be worse than ever. It's as though they've been given a free pass to do whatever they want, no matter what the cost. :mad:

Associate
feel for you bud :(.

it seems to get worse and worse with kids/teenagers these days. i'm on a local facebook group just for our part of town. every day at least 1 person is posting they had their car smashed (usually the rear window). :mad:

Caporegime
@Conscript what car is this?

I would just pull the dent out myself using boiling hot water from a kettle and a plunger.

If it's a Porsche then I would pay for it to be done properly but if it's a focus just do it yourself and forget about the paint.

Get some cctv but even then it means nothing unless you can name the person who done it.

With just a picture to go on the police won't bother chasing it up.

They need their full name, national insurance number, waist size and preferably for you to hold their hand all the way to their doorstep before they do anything

Soldato
Reported what was happening and got "what do you expect us to do about it, we only have 2 cars and a van patrolling a 10 miles radius tonight"
Sounds like pretty much every interaction I've had with Police over the years...

I have a lot of respect for the individual officers but the system is screwed.

Caporegime
Sounds like pretty much every interaction I've had with Police over the years...

I have a lot of respect for the individual officers but the system is screwed.

You should know by now you have to play the game. All the low life's do it so should you.

I think I have spotted spotted one of the individuals hiding what looked like a knife but I can't be sure from this distance.

Will have 3 squad cars turn up within 15 minutes.

Last time I called the police was because of exactly what happened to OP. Some idiot dented the car. I have the full thing on cctv. Took 3 hours for them to turn up. They never followed it up once. Even though the guy across the road knows the guy who did it.

Back
Top Bottom