Analogue Super nt

Man of Honour
As a few of us have taken the plunge and bought one of these, I felt we should perhaps have our own thread! I was a relatively early adopter and have one of the all black batch one devices, which is running the latest firmware and has now been jail broken, which was a refreshingly easy and trouble free procedure.

27362696618_ed140ea855_h.jpg

27478179937_7716899461_h.jpg

41296737341_72078913fd_h.jpg

For me it's a fantastic, reliable and worthy piece of technology for those of us who like both old originals and modern rethinks on them. Looking forward to the Merga sg, I will be getting one of those too but I have a thread for that already! :D

Man of Honour
OP
That is exceptionally cool, does it play as flawlessly as it promised?
I believe it does from what I have read and seen on YouTube. Many of the issues seen to impact emulators and also the remake mini SNES are not present on this machine. It is a great bit of kit.

Soldato
I like the devices but the dev's annoy the hell out of me.

There consistant claims about it not emulating etc etc...yes it's not software emulation but it is hardware emulation which is better but as was seen at launch not perfect.

I'm also annoyed that these were originally supposed to be one device that played a variety of 8/16 bit machines and then they saw the $$$.

Man of Honour
OP
I like the idea of a modern interpretation of a single machine that brings together all the regions and formats (cartridge/disk) into a single device. It means you can then play all the original devices games, no matter what region or in what format on a single device on modern TV's. So hopefully the Magadrive sg will allow me to play ALL games designed for the Megadrive/32X/CD on a single modern machine. There is a market for that for people who want that, like there is for the Singer Porsches. I would prefer that and accept the price that goes with it over a single device that is a jack of all trades as I like the idea of collecting the new stuff too.

Associate
My other half has bought me one of these for Xmas, I can't wait for some classic gaming. I've been attending some retro gaming markets to start the collection.

Soldato
I've had one since launch, is great, haven't jailbroken it yet though. Planning on getting the Mega SG they announced recently, wish they would re-release a cheaper version of their NT mini aswell though.

Soldato
I don't want a device that plays everything, that is what emulation gives you.
This is emulation
So hopefully the Magadrive sg will allow me to play ALL games designed for the Megadrive/32X/CD on a single modern machine. There is a market for that for people who want that, like there is for the Singer Porsches.
They have already said that 32X wont be compatible because of video out issues.

Man of Honour
OP
I suggest you are not the target for these devices. You have a PC and can emulate virtually anything. I am aware these also emulate, not sure why you seek to keep making that point, but I like the idea of a single device focused on a single platform. You want more and that’s fair enough.

It’s the same with the Singer. Many 911 owners can’t see the point and that’s fine.

Man of Honour
OP
Worth it just to get HDMI out capability imho, i got fedup with the rats-nest of wires associated with retro machines a while back.

Indeed. I have a Framemeister and a small set of draws full of all the gaming cables I need to make the best visual experience possible. I tend to buy via https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/ and have many cables, often their Pakapunch versions to ensure the ultimate experience. With this device I can remove the need for special cables for the Framemeister, which is much nicer from an aesthetic point of view as I am of course a gillzillionair so the money is NEVER an issue for me.

It's part of the fun :D I had my big mega drive setup out recently. Megadrive 2, Mega-cd 2, 32x, there was cables and psus arl ower.

This is also a challenge as I want to play the original games all the time and have gone to the extent of massive cable management, but it is a pain and frankly my preference now is display them all and have the ability to have 4 on the go at once. So I am building to support this in my home office but I also want to be able to play in my Summer House which is attached to the back of my house so devices like the Super nt which are smaller and much easier to connect with wireless support and ability to run original games or should I chose 'other' formats is best of both worlds.

I am just greedy but that comes with being a vinginitillionaire (I made some investments since paragraph 1)

Back
Top Bottom