PC Headset for listening to music/watching movies....spec plz?

Soldato
There are a few decent pairs within budget.

The Creative Aurvana Live! are currently down to £39 from £79 direct from Creative. Nothing can touch them really for £40.

If you want something which sounds excellent and give you portability, the AKG Y50's for a bit more are a good choice.

Also look at the AKG K612 for about £80.

Personally, I would up your budget at bit and get the Beyerdynamic DT770 for about £100. The 80ohm version. They will last you a lifetime and parts are plenty for. Worth the extra £20 any day.

There will be others, but the above have been tried and tested by myself. :)

Soldato
OP
I don't think I can beat a pair of those Aurvana Live! headsets at that price. Bargain. Cheers for the heads up, appreciate it. I've just ordered a pair from the Creative website.

Soldato
I don't think I can beat a pair of those Aurvana Live! headsets at that price. Bargain. Cheers for the heads up, appreciate it. I've just ordered a pair from the Creative website.

You will love them. They may set you off on an audiophile adventure though, they did for me :D

My current headphone setup costs nearly a grand thanks to those headphones.

Soldato
If you can go second hand perhaps a pair of Fidelio x1 or x2 ? I have both ( both purchased second hand ) and the X1 is my go to for watching movies. It's open back but they should be fine as long as no one else in room with you

Soldato
i have the creative aurvana live's they are excellent for £40, I'm looking at getting some DT990 pro's do you think they are much of an improvement for gaming.
DT990 is in better end of fun strong bass open headphones for gaming.
So for binaural sound difference would be likely clear.
And for comfort Beyer's pads should be clearly bigger.

Soldato
OP
Creative Aurvana's arrived yesterday. I know they are inexpensive and at the low end of the market but I'm amazed at the sound from these things compared to the old Turtle Beach XL1 Gaming headphones I've been using. The sound is much richer, the bass and treble differences are hugely noticeable. I did have to fiddle about with the Realtek Sound Manager and go through the connector retasking thingy as I've got them plugged into the onboard audio out on my Asus m/b and Windows was recognising them as a '2 speaker' set up instead of earphones (which made them ridiculously quiet) but all is well now, decent volume and crisp, rich sound. Love 'em.

Total bargain I reckon at £39. Thanks for the 'heads up' PapaLazaru. :cool:

Soldato
Creative Aurvana's arrived yesterday. I know they are inexpensive and at the low end of the market but I'm amazed at the sound from these things compared to the old Turtle Beach XL1 Gaming headphones I've been using. The sound is much richer, the bass and treble differences are hugely noticeable. I did have to fiddle about with the Realtek Sound Manager and go through the connector retasking thingy as I've got them plugged into the onboard audio out on my Asus m/b and Windows was recognising them as a '2 speaker' set up instead of earphones (which made them ridiculously quiet) but all is well now, decent volume and crisp, rich sound. Love 'em.

Total bargain I reckon at £39. Thanks for the 'heads up' PapaLazaru. :cool:

My pleasure, glad you are finding them as good as I did. :)

Back
Top Bottom