Warcraft 3: Reforged

Soldato
From the footage they showed at Blizzcon last night it's looking good. More excited for classic myself but this is better than the announcement they did for Diablo.

Associate
Reforged looks really good, had so much fun with the original release. Pre-ordered, hope they do "reforge" the 1&2 as well, never played them and I would like to.

Caporegime
Should I have gone to SpecSavers? Because looking at the trailer, it looks almost identical to me. If they hadn't highlighted the difference in the character models, I wouldn't have noticed. And the textures don't seem to be any different at all.

Associate
To be fair I'm not blown away by the graphics based on the videos, but if you compare things like the unit models and animations, they will be a lot better. Also modern resolutions supported and it's still in development so i'd imagine they'll be improving things.

Also I'd love it to be free, but that game came out in 2002, 16 years ago! It's not like a post launch update where they improve some graphics etc. I suppose we'll see what happens. Hope they make it the best it can be

Associate
Here are some highlights from Wowhead:

Highlights
  • The whole team is really excited to share their plans about Warcraft 3 Reforged.
  • Classic started with the idea to preserve games. After SC remaster, the logical path was to do Warcraft 3 next.
  • It was really hard for the team to hide this project because parts of it were being revealed over time with the Warcraft 3 patches.
  • Warcraft 3, while the gameplay has aged well, the art side can be improved, more polygons could be added.
  • The main art idea for the game is to keep it stylized, but not cartoony, maintaining the look from the original game.
  • Warcraft Reforged uses the same engine as Warcraft 3. It was also the first engine from Blizzard that drew in 3D and supported cards that could draw only one texture at a time.
  • Arthas has a neck now.
  • All the new tools used to draw these new models can be also used by the community, using the World Editor tool.
  • The community has done so much to keep the game alive, that the team wants to keep that community alive and just make their lives easier.
  • The Culling of Stratholme is the mission available for testing in BlizzCon, one of the most iconic missions of the game.
  • Ever since the original campaign was first created, the number of tools available increased dramatically, so the team is able to tweak the missions more now, compared to 14 years ago.
  • The Stratholme map was updated to reflect its vision in World of Warcraft
  • Arthas and his warriors now storm Stratholme from its south entrance, like in the Caverns of Time version.
  • Blizzard is trying to improve Warcraft 3 to bring more quality of life that was impossible back in 2001, like Widescreen, Patching modes, removing limitations that don't exist anymore.
  • You no longer need to open port 6112 to play custom games in the future!
  • Warcraft 3 Reforged will join the main Battle.net launcher.
  • The main engine of the game is still the same as the 2001 version, with modern art and extra systems added as a new layer to it.
  • WoW's engine is based off Warcraft 3 Engine. Now, all those learnings and fixes done back for WoW were now ported to Warcraft 3 Reforged, making it a full circle.
  • All the animations, attack swings and combat mechanics are still following the classic Warcraft 3 engine, putting a limitation on what animators and artists can do on the new models.
  • All current models from Warcraft 3 will still be available on Reforged, so you can turn them on as you'd like.
  • Many constraints from the past, don't exist anymore, like memory and processing cores, for the HD models.
  • The removal of these constraints gave artists more room to be creative as long as it didn't affect gameplay, like for new standstill animations.
  • Attacks, hitboxes, and other gameplay mechanics all match classic SD values, to preserve gameplay.
  • All old custom maps, from Warcraft 3, should be able to be used on Warcraft 3 Reforged.
  • All changes for made for Warcraft 3 now and in the future are based a lot on dialogue with competitive players, understanding the reasoning behind their decisions when playing and making adjustments to the game on aspects that aren't great, like maybe a town hall on this map should spawn closer to the lumber.
  • For heroes there is also a wish to balance them, but this process must be done slowly, in order to not break the game too much.
  • Not everything done will be a hit, there will be a couple misses, but that's why there should be dialogue with the community to find the exact mark for changes.
  • These balance changes are a plan for Warcraft 3, Reforged and should continue in the future.
  • Purists will tell you Warcraft 3 is the perfect game, but, in some cases, it is the perfect game with some imperfections, like Twisted Meadow spawn location.
  • Actively listening to feedback here is the key. A conversation must be held with the community.
  • Starcraft Remastered gave the team many valuable lessons that helped when building Warcraft 3 Reforged

Associate
803169.jpg

803170.jpg

Man of Honour
Mind you anything is better than that crap show that was Diablo Immortal.

Dont even get me started on that ! The Diablo mobile phone game is the biggest crock of **** I have ever seen and the guy on the stage who reacted by saying "dont you guys have mobile phones?" Yes, yes I do, I have an old atari in the attic too but oddly enough I would rather play on my PC !

Not to mention the way Blizzard are fiddling with the votes on their youtube videos, earlier today when I looked , their Diablo Immortal trailer video had 317k dislikes and now suddenly its dropped by like 100k to just over 200k dislikes. Underhanded or what.

Associate
Truly its now Activision Blizzard, with Mike leaving I feel Blizzard is now not for the player with that Diablo mobile crap. God I feel like gaming is dying a death now by so many cuts from corporate greed.

Back
Top Bottom