PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Yes I played a bit of battlezone and loved it, the graphics and feel of it just feel so VR! Good shout with Skyrim, I played a bit of Skyrim on PC a few years back but never completed it. I'll also try and get Batman as well.

Associate
Anyone tried the Tetris effect yet?

Is it not meant to be completely unlocked or is it a limited and time limited demo?
Limited and time limited, not much unlocked actually.

It's super chill, great music and great use of controller vibration.
Looks like there is a lot for your money, shame that money is 34.99 though.

Would bite at 19.99, it is in the end just Tetris, admitingly a lot of Tetris though.

Soldato
got a feeling vr just isn't for me :( i got one after the hype of firewall zero hour, and got the gun, moves and a few games. I've only played a fairly small amount really. If anything, it's the inconvenience of setting it all up when i want to play something, and the fact that whilst it is immersive and everything, it doesn't come close to the graphical fidelity of 'standard' ps4 titles. I think i'm just a casual gamer - despite the fact that i wish i loved gaming a bit more!
I don't mean to pee on the psvr parade, and i appreciate that it's something of a technical marvel (especially for the price!) but i think i'm suffering form a bit of buyer's remorse :(

Soldato
got swept up in the hype, plus you needed those accessories for the 'must have' titles. It's not that i don't like it per say...it's just i'm currently far more inclined to play the AAA titles that are on ps4 at the moment, such as spiderman, rdr2, gow etc. I think I need to be stricter with myself and give it a proper go ;)

Soldato
Hi guys is a PS4 pro essential for VR? I currently have a special edition darth vader non-pro PS4 and would like to keep it as it’s quite unique. I see the same retailer has the same deal above minus Skyrim for £250. Is it worth waiting for Xmas or Black Friday deals? I’m really only and FPS and racing gamer, are there enough of these games to make it a worthwhile investment?

Soldato
just i'm currently far more inclined to play the AAA titles that are on ps4 at the moment, such as spiderman, rdr2, gow etc. I ...

I'm kind of the opposite in that after playing in VR I've found it very hard to go back to playing some genres on a flat screen again. After trying racing games like Wipeout/dirt rally, first person titles like firewall/Superhot and RPGs like Skyrim VR I find it very hard to play games like those on a Tv again.

The PS4 pro makes games look better in VR but I'd say try VR first and if you like it then make the investment. Assuming you don't have a 4k TV in which case it's definitely worth it for the improved frame rates and visual fidelity.

Soldato
Anyone tried the Tetris effect yet?

Is it not meant to be completely unlocked or is it a limited and time limited demo?

I tried it but didn't really enjoy it much. I mean, I like Tetris but being in VR doesn't really enhance the game. If anything it's the kind of game I'd rather play on a tablet/television as being in VR doesn't really add anything extra.

Plus the price tag of £35 is ridiculous for Tetris!

Soldato
Anyone tried beat saber yet as I notice it's out today?

Can't decide whether to buy it on PSVR or wait until I get an Oculus quest and see if it comes out on that?

Soldato
Im thinking about getting one of the black friday VR deals (prob argos).

Was thinking about this as a "family" christmas present

The cheapest deals dont include the move controllers - how important are they?

What games would you reccomend? Some family friendly or "show off VR" type games or apps would be welcome.

Back
Top Bottom