White theatre director claims to be "born again African"...

Caporegime
... and gets himself a job intended for "artists of colour".

Is trans-black actually going to become a thing?

I guess it isn't as bad as Rachel Dolezal who pretended she literally was black, this guy just claims to have been assumed to be mixed race due to his curly hair and therefore has claimed to have gone through the same experiences as a black person.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-of-colour-actor-artist-tawala-a8617011.html

But although Mr Lennon has adopted a black identity – changing his middle name from David to Ekundayo – he has remained honest about his white ancestry.

The then actor told an audience in 2012: “Although I’m white, with white parents, I have gone through the struggles of a black man, a black actor.”

I can sort of see why he might make that claim but I don't think he should benefit from something intended for black people. (then again I don't think that affirmative action is a good idea in general, though that is separate to my view on whether a non black person should benefit from it in this case given it exists)

Soldato
For real?

I was sincerely hoping it wasn't, but...

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment...r-phil-guest-says-family-lied-for-a-free-trip

While Treasure, her mother, Monique and brother, Kendal, all appeared on the show to address the teen’s alleged self-hate and hatred of Black people, her older sister, Nina Richards, has revealed that it was all an elaborate scheme that her mom and two younger siblings agreed to for notoriety and a free trip to Los Angeles.

Soldato
Well some regular commenter here believe that race is entirely a social construct with no biological basis so perhaps we can all just self assign our 'race'?

This is the madness that ensues declarations of things like gender and race (or even worse sex) being entirely a social construct, not at all based on any biological factors at all.

Soldato
why are there jobs "intended for "artists of colour"."? isn't that racist? i thought they'd decided that jobs/roles/whatever couldn't be just for whites or whitewashed, so i don't see how you can have jobs just for "artists of colour".

Back
Top Bottom