Diablo and Elder Scrolls coming to mobile!

Soldato
Diablo for mobile is receiving so much hate. Im personally excited for these games to come to mobile.

I watched Blizzcon live. The Diablo Immortal reveal was frosty at best. And the Q&A was tense. One fan straight up asked if this was a joke.

The problem with mobile games is most are infected with microtransactions. Their basically cash milking machines thinly disguised as games. And Blizzard are known for their love of money. This deserves to crash and burn. And it probably will.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Blizzard also took down the trailer on YouTube and reuploaded it to reset the like/dislike counter, cause it had something like 150K dislikes. And have been deleting negative comments like mad. Not that its helped because people noticed and have been downvoting it into oblivion. Currently at 349K dislikes to 12K likes.

Last edited:
Soldato

GAC

GAC

Soldato
It's not, it's built from scratch, so they say. Kinda looks like it though!

Endless of God is a rip off of Diablo in the first place.

its funny how they say its not a reskin but go on to say how they have artists working on it, not devs but artists. which to me screams reskin. total shambles from blizzard and just a cash grab for the mobile market.

Man of Honour
Why oh why are we moving everything to mobile. Just saw the new Star Trek game announced too. We need sequels to great existing games, not this mobile rubbish.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Why oh why are we moving everything to mobile. Just saw the new Star Trek game announced too. We need sequels to great existing games, not this mobile rubbish.

Which Star Trek game?

I think this looks great, but just having bought Diablo 3 on Switch I'm not confident on how this will play with a touch screen control.

Associate
Everyone said the same about Diablo on console but I thought it worked great. I'll wait and see if it is good or not before jumping to conclusions like "They must be horrible to play with a touch screen" etc.

Associate
I watched Blizzcon live. The Diablo Immortal reveal was frosty at best. And the Q&A was tense. One fan straight up asked if this was a joke.

The problem with mobile games is most are infected with microtransactions. Their basically cash milking machines thinly disguised as games. And Blizzard are known for their love of money. This deserves to crash and burn. And it probably will.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Blizzard also took down the trailer on YouTube and reuploaded it to reset the like/dislike counter, cause it had something like 150K dislikes. And have been deleting negative comments like mad. Not that its helped because people noticed and have been downvoting it into oblivion. Currently at 349K dislikes to 12K likes.

Makes sense. Pay to win is the worst model really. But I want to try it out and see for myself before calling it anything.

Soldato
They should have quietly announced Diablo Immortal before Blizzcon because it's clear to anyone this wasn't going to go down well with fans. Or done what Bethesda did with the Elder Scrolls mobile game, announce Immortal early first and then at the end just show a screen with "Diablo 4 in development" and everyone would go away excited and they could push their mobile game all they like.

I mean why they thought this would get a positive reception from PC gamers who adore this historic PC franchise is beyond belief. I'm not the biggest fan, I dabbled with the franchise in the past to a degree but never got super into it, but even I knew fans have been crying out for Diablo 4 (D3 came out in 2012,) so their handling of this game as the "big super exciting reveal" is the definition of tone-deaf. And as said above, I personally hope it crashes and they cancel it early because it can ONLY harm the franchise as some say the dumbing down in Diablo 3 has already done.

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
one possibility is that there was going to be something else. be it D4 or D1/2 remake, but it wasnt ready. the really socking thing to me is that blizzard didnt expect much negativity over it, even the community managers wernt ready for it they thought it would be fine?! shows you the total lack of community knowledge/interactivity in their community team if they expected a reskinned mobile game to go down well after people have spent money to go to blizzcon on the hinted news of something new and special from diablo.

Associate
Everyone said the same about Diablo on console but I thought it worked great. I'll wait and see if it is good or not before jumping to conclusions like "They must be horrible to play with a touch screen" etc.
Can't think of a single game that runs well on Touch Screen that's not Candy Crush

Soldato
Blizzcon is where the biggest fans of the games go, its full of fanatics who love gaming on PC and long for the days where a Diablo game has the depth and fun of Diablo 2. What on earth did Blizzard expect? Shows how clueless they are to their audience.

Caporegime
I have to admit the last mobile game I played was something whose name I can't even remember, it was when I first got an iPad mini years ago. I decided then that the screen was too small to play games properly so god knows how people do it on a mobile phone with even less real estate. So my question is - just who the heck is playing mobile games? I'm a member of a couple of gaming forums and no-one there seems to be the slightest bit interested in them. Even here the post count is only 69 at the time of writing (although I know it's a reasonably new addition and this is a hardcore PC site). Is it something the millennials are doing as they have grown up with the iPhone? Maybe I'm just too old to get it. :D

Associate
OP
ME! Pretty much given up on PC gaming. Only play on my mobile. Played Fire Emblem Heroes for a 1 1/2 years, £0.00p spent so far. Can't really complain with that! My sisters and her kids pretty much play on mobile exclusively (Only play the Sims on the PC) They also spend almost nothing on them.

Soldato
Eternium which is a sort of Diablo-esque ARPG is decent on the phone but I don't want a phone to be my main play method and I don't think anyone does so strange to make a big deal of this. (Just noticed the post above, so there are some I guess :p)

Blizzard be blizzard since being bought by activison, they would ask their employees to sell their relatives if it would increase their share price by a few pennies.

Back
Top Bottom