Laptop for streaming (not games) and Photoshop/Vegas

Associate
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a laptop for max £1000 but realistically I'd prefer to spend in the 800-900 area.

I primarily need it for photoshop editing (very basic stuff) as well as Sony Vegas video editing - again, very basic, put a few clips together, trim the start/end and render.

I also stream, although not for gaming. It's basically using xSplit and then a background image + web cam as the scene as well as a screengrab from a website.

What's the minimum I can get away with?

Longer term I'm likely to use it for photoshop mostly, but the ability to render a video and stream would be handy. As would playing Fortnite (although this is not a must have).

Was looking at this one - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...n-bezel-i7-8750h-gaming-laptop-lt-27z-ms.html

Last edited:
Associate
You will need a FHD or higher resolution screen so that limits your options which is good as you wont get lost looking at every laptop. As you will be using it for photo editing then you need to check reviews and see how good colour reproduction is. Glossy screens are better in that respect.

Associate
OP
Back to looking at something like this - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...4hz-3ms-i7-8750h-gaming-laptop-lt-27j-as.html

I see there's pretty good savings on XPS 15 9570 (16gb RAM model) - 1332 euro basically.

I know there's a new one coming out but I assume it will be with none of the savings.

In terms of weight it's 2.4kg for a gaming one, and 1.8kg for the xps. Is that weight saving really worth it? Otherwise it's literally just the screen that is better for photoshop on XPS 15 right? Otherwise specs are better on the gaming laptop and I can probably still do photoshop and editing on it too?

Associate
OP
Thought I'd circle back on this.

Finally bought a XPS 15 - 7590, 16gb RAM version.

Really liking it so far. It's not quite as nice to use as the Macbook Air my partner uses for work but for a Windows person it's been great outside of that.

Soldato
Thought I'd circle back on this.

Finally bought a XPS 15 - 7590, 16gb RAM version.

Really liking it so far. It's not quite as nice to use as the Macbook Air my partner uses for work but for a Windows person it's been great outside of that.

Hi Andy,

Did you go LCD or OLED on your laptop

Back
Top Bottom