RDR2 Xbox or PS4?

Man of Honour
seeing as I have to buy a console to play RDR2 which one should I get Xbox or PS4 I haven’t owned a console since the PS2

And with a 4K monitor do I need to get the One X or the Pro will it look crap if just outputting @ 1080p?

Why do they not release this game on the PC gggrrrrr

Thanks for any info

Soldato
XB1X > PS4 Pro > PS4 > XB1

If you want 4K then go XB1X, it's an impressive bit of kit. If you're looking at the "base" consoles then PS4 is noticeably cleaner/sharper than the XB1.

Soldato
xbox1x is the best version but I dont know about the rationality of buying a console just for one game. So I would say go with the one which you have invested into the eco system, but if you dont own either console then yeah xbox1x.

I have now tested the ps4 pro version at 1080, and it does seem a steady locked 30fps. Something digital foundry never tested as I think they assumed people only buy ps4 pro's to play at 4k.

Man of Honour
OP
xbox1x is the best version but I dont know about the rationality of buying a console just for one game. So I would say go with the one which you have invested into the eco system, but if you dont own either console then yeah xbox1x.

I have now tested the ps4 pro version at 1080, and it does seem a steady locked 30fps. Something digital foundry never tested as I think they assumed people only buy ps4 pro's to play at 4k.

Haha far from rational considering I just got a 2080 RTX too, I’ll play it then sell it on probably

Associate
No fanboy-ism here as every multiplat going has come to the same formulation...

Which is 1X > PS4 Pro > PS4 > Xbox One.

As the old song/cliche' goes, You pay your money and you take your choice.

Shawrey

Caporegime
I have Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, I suppose it depends on whether you want native 4K although another big difference between the two I find is that the Xbox One X is a lot quieter. I would never sell the PS4 though because it has so many exclusives.

Associate
Surely you would have to get the PS4 pro? Even if the experience of RDR might not be up to the standard that is offered on the Xbox One X, the other exclusive games would sway me heavily in that direction.

Soldato
Interestingly the xbox1x RDR2 bundle is the special edition, the ps4 pro bundle is the normal version so the xbox1 bundle also comes with the cut game content as well.

Soldato
Xbox is the best version apparently, also the console is quieter.

However, if you want to play other eclusives PS4 Pro is better.

I'm playing RDR2 at 1080p on the Pro and the framerate is practically locked thanks to that, better than on the X but it runs the game at 4k which is quite an achievement.

Associate
I have it on Xbox One X through a 4K TV and it looks stunning! Digital Foundry did an interestign comparison of RD2 on all the consoles, might be useful to watch :)

Associate
I would say X1X because of the increased power, if you own both consoles. If you're buying a console (which I see you are) then whatever your friends had. I love my X1X and I don't have a PS4, but I see that MS dropped the ball on this one. Dropped it into a big pile of turd.

Associate
After seeing RDR2 on a PS4 and the console sounding like it could take off any moment, I went for a X1X with RDR2 on a 4K TV and it looks great. Havent really got into the game much so far but graphically it looks better than a PS4 and the X1X doesn't make so much noise.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Yea my PS4 pro is so noisy in it, kinda ruins it as I play when kids are in bed so need tv volume low but the console overpowers the speakers

Back
Top Bottom