Fallout 76

Soldato
Yeah I got my code from Amazon on October 26th. Just redeemed it and I'm downloading the beta now.

I've decided I'm going to at least give the beta a chance before I cancel my pre-order. I'm still not convinced this game is worth playing solo, but I want to at least give it the benefit of the doubt.

Soldato
Nobody enjoying this then? Personally I love exploring in these types of games so I'll be occupied for months. Not had time to play the beta yet as the times are usually at stupid times, but I cancelled the power armour edition so I'll just pick up the regular.

Soldato
Xbox1 BETA key is now only £0.79 demand must be seriously low it was £3.99 a week ago. I guess few people are interested now due to how poor this actually is.

Soldato
The beta isn't terrible, but its definitely lacking from having no NPCs to interact with. I want to give this game a chance, but I am leaning more and more towards cancelling my pre-order.

The story so far has been going from location to location, listening to holotapes left behind by the Overseer. Not really keen on the Scorched. Their like ghouls with guns. Not

Soldato
Cancelled my pre order the game is so boring! it lacks soul it feels dead, why is their no NPCs? vats is pointless... fps sucks. This game will tank hard if it releases anything like its current state.

Soldato
Nobody enjoying this then? Personally I love exploring in these types of games so I'll be occupied for months. Not had time to play the beta yet as the times are usually at stupid times, but I cancelled the power armour edition so I'll just pick up the regular.

If you have played Fallout 4 you have seen all this has to offer. It’s the same assets just re-arranged and a bit more grass in-between.

Associate
The beta isn't terrible, but its definitely lacking from having no NPCs to interact with. I want to give this game a chance, but I am leaning more and more towards cancelling my pre-order.

The story so far has been going from location to location, listening to holotapes left behind by the Overseer. Not really keen on the Scorched. Their like ghouls with guns. Not

Agree with this. Felt odd the first time I saw another player.

Just feels empty without the NPC's to interact with.

Willing to give it more time and see what happens, but not holding my breath.

Soldato
Gave it another go tonight I grouped up with a few randoms, I actually enjoyed the game this time. We did some events and lots of exploring and trading weapons, I started building my camp which was cool, we ran into a lot texture bugs and awfully FPS..

I hope when you venture out you can find NPC's...otherwise this game will feel stale. I think the game needs to be delayed in its current state it's not worth a purchase.

Soldato
Gave it another go tonight I grouped up with a few randoms, I actually enjoyed the game this time. We did some events and lots of exploring and trading weapons, I started building my camp which was cool, we ran into a lot texture bugs and awfully FPS..

I hope when you venture out you can find NPC's...otherwise this game will feel stale. I think the game needs to be delayed in its current state it's not worth a purchase.
I have spent abut 16 hours on it now on PC & explored almost the entire map. Its stale trust me! No NPC's whatsoever not even a single 1! No actual content either its all built around the MMO gameplay aspect so combat heavy with little to do outside of a few fetch quest side missions. Locations are very limited room wise and not even that many on the map its mainly a vast open world with massive gaps between locations to allow for the combat to kick in!

Soldato

You won't. Bethesda have always stated that the only human characters you'll meet will be other players.

Soldato
We'll that's a shame I won't be buying the game unless my friends do, I can't see this game being fun without friends.

Associate
Was really looking forward to this, only to feel really let down.
The lack of NPC's just kills any it for me. It feels dead.

Having no raiders anywhere is just wrong, never mind everything else.

Associate
There should be a system where real life players could replace NPC's.

Such as, set up a quest where you have to find out what happened to a missing person, find the dead body and follow the clues to reveal a gang (of real people) who you have to eliminate.

The gang could have options too like do they kill the hostage or keep them prisoner and possibly hold for ransom?. Things like that.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying it to be honest, I don't feel tied to the storyline and I can just enjoy the world, getting sidetracked by events, finding recipes, looking into new areas. It's all brilliant to me!

I'll have to admit though it's much more enjoyable with friends, but the world feels a lot different than a normal fallout game.

Soldato
I decided to cancel my preorder. I just can't justify spending £50 on a game like this. I'm not saying I would never play it, but not until its gone down in price to around the £20 mark. Even then I'm not convinced the single player experience would have much staying power.

Soldato
I decided to cancel my preorder. I just can't justify spending £50 on a game like this. I'm not saying I would never play it, but not until its gone down in price to around the £20 mark. Even then I'm not convinced the single player experience would have much staying power.

Good grief is it really £50 for this? How the heck can they justify this given that all the content seems essentially player character driven? Some developers really do take the pee.

I'll 100% say that I've not been bothered to even read up much about this game. My lack of interest in it is that low.

Soldato
Good grief is it really £50 for this? How the heck can they justify this given that all the content seems essentially player character driven? Some developers really do take the pee.

I'll 100% say that I've not been bothered to even read up much about this game. My lack of interest in it is that low.

There are NPC's in the game, but they're robots. I was doing an event and had to complete it by doing some chores for a Mr Handy.

There's a lot of material in the game that's hidden under the surface, a lot of holotapes which are found in the wild or part of a quest. The world is four times the scale of 4 so I really don't see why they wouldn't reuse old assets.

I was walking down with friends to do one one the main quest lines and we ended up stopping an attack on a power station and taking back. Which meant we had to repair and fight our way to the reactor, it was brilliant! We all had to do separate jobs so we could finish it in time which made it even better. We had some other events as well, so we didn't even get to the main quest line, after 4 hours of playtime! That combined with fannying around with upgrades and resource looting I was well occupied.

If you're playing this solo, I can really see some people struggling to play. But as part of a group of friends it stands on its own.

Really don't understand everyone jumping on the bandwagon of hating the game.

Back
Top Bottom