Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
The glitches are that much more funny because of how well realized the game is, it's nice the way the AI just gets on and recovers from the matrix glitching out:)

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/middgen/video/63114948

I don't see that many issues, but yesterday I got stuck in crafting, I cooked a bit of meat over the campfire and all the control options remained greyed out, had to restart the game.

Soldato
Anyone done the fun side mission (called brothers or something) in Valentine where you shoot the bottles yet? my preset (quick draw) sidearm is a sawed off shotgun so that was interesting. Still nailed it after a few attempts to gauge the shot pattern lol

Soldato
Only got part way through chapter 2, maybe about 25% and have given up with the game. I've sold it and my Xbox 1X (which I was considering before this game anyway as I have a PS4 Pro too). Maybe I lack a bit of patience with games nowadays since I have less time due to work, family and training, but there are too many issues with the game to keep me immersed.

The story up to where I was hadn't gripped me, the control system is not fluid in any way (if you have to think about the controls too much then they're not good), there are glitches galore, more than I've ever seen in a AAA title such as floating animals, cut scenes issues (e.g. an NPC opens a door except it didn't open and Arthur walks through the seemingly closed door) and I find the whole wanted system bizarre.

It's a shame because underneath all of this there's a great game, but on the surface it's poor and compared to my favourite game of all time, Witcher 3 (which has it's own issues) it's not even close. Even the last game I played and finished, Spiderman was better than this. It wasn't the best game ever but it was fun, had a good story and was extremely polished.

Soldato
Only got part way through chapter 2, maybe about 25% and have given up with the game. I've sold it and my Xbox 1X (which I was considering before this game anyway as I have a PS4 Pro too). Maybe I lack a bit of patience with games nowadays since I have less time due to work, family and training, but there are too many issues with the game to keep me immersed.

The story up to where I was hadn't gripped me, the control system is not fluid in any way (if you have to think about the controls too much then they're not good), there are glitches galore, more than I've ever seen in a AAA title such as floating animals, cut scenes issues (e.g. an NPC opens a door except it didn't open and Arthur walks through the seemingly closed door) and I find the whole wanted system bizarre.

It's a shame because underneath all of this there's a great game, but on the surface it's poor and compared to my favourite game of all time, Witcher 3 (which has it's own issues) it's not even close. Even the last game I played and finished, Spiderman was better than this. It wasn't the best game ever but it was fun, had a good story and was extremely polished.

Why keep didn't you sell the PS4 PRO and keep the Xbox ONE X? I have both and the PRO only gets used (once every time there's and update) for GT SPORT. It's doing the Catalunya update as we speak funnily enough

Soldato
Why keep didn't you sell the PS4 PRO and keep the Xbox ONE X? I have both and the PRO only gets used (once every time there's and update) for GT SPORT. It's doing the Catalunya update as we speak funnily enough

Mainly because of The Last of Us 2, pretty much the only game I am looking forward to other than Cyberpunk 2077.

Soldato
Mainly because of The Last of Us 2, pretty much the only game I am looking forward to other than Cyberpunk 2077.

Fair enough mate, tbh I only bought/kept/upgraded PS4's / PRO for GT franchise (that I've followed since PS1 so feel attached to) Cyperpunk looks bloody amazing tbh, is it expected to be Multiplatform?

Last edited:
Associate
Reading the user reviews on Metacritic are quite different from the Professional reviews that called it perfection.....people either love it giving it a 10/10 or think its boring giving it a 5, so it has an average of 7.7 on PS4.

I personally love the realism and slow pace.....its a refreshing change from the quick gratification and crazy action of most of today's AAA games, but do think the controls are frustrating and can see how some might find it boring.

Associate
Half way through chapter 6 still liking it but stupidly found out the ending so ruined it a bit for me.

Was trying to find a panther for ages yesterday when one snuck up on me. 3 star and everything but scared the crap out of me. I just stated instinctively stated shooting and only got a 2 star pelt.

Caporegime
I posted earlier in the thread that hunting panthers absolutely sucks, they're too rare. Good luck finding another once you've killed the single one that seems to spawn :/

Soldato
I posted earlier in the thread that hunting panthers absolutely sucks, they're too rare. Good luck finding another once you've killed the single one that seems to spawn :/

One jumped me last night down in the Bayou! I never expected one to be down there, I panicked and used the quick draw sidearm (sawed off with slugs) on it before even giving the pelt a thought

DOH!!!

Soldato
I've used the alternate FPS option since launch. Deadzone I have on the lowest setting and I think my sensitivity is around the middle. Play around until it suits you.

Lowered the look sensitivity in third person and it feels better now, I had it too high which made spinning the camera around a bit off putting.

I would like to use free aim but its so hard on horse without the use of deadeye.

I currently have assisted aim but with minimal aim strength.

Soldato
I am quite conflicted in this game at times, it is quite strange! I look forward to playing it and once I am i'm in it it's fine, other times the slowness of Arthur bugs me and the whole slowness does too, I think it depends what I am doing at the time - It is a great game but on the other hand quite frustrating - Almost like a love/hate thing!

I am continuing to play through though - Half way through Chapter 3 :D

Back
Top Bottom