**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Caporegime
Whats the OS skin like on the Xiaomi phones?

They use MIUI which is just OK. Lots of duplication between MIUI apps which you can't delete and Google apps. Updates are pretty frequent.

You can set it to have a very iOS feel, removing the nav buttons and use full screen gestures which I find quite intuitive.

Associate
I recently got a Xiaomi Mi A2 lite after I needed to sell my Pixel 2XL for funds, I absolutely love it, I really don't see the point in splashing 600+ on a phone these days, this is fast, smooth and just very nice and it only cost me £123.85 delivered, it's crazy. Plus the battery lasts me 3 days.
I accept it wont be for everyone, no nfc but still.
It is crazy the amount you can pick one of these up for. I keep thinking I would quite like one of these or the MI A2 with 6gb ram but currently my LG G5 equals it for performance so until it gets unusable i should stick with what I have. I had the redmi note 3 before and found it to be a good phone. I just dont understand why they couldnt put the same battery in the A2 as they did the A2 lite? A2 lite has smaller physical size yet bigger battery, where is the sense in that?

Associate
Just been looking around to see how much the ZTE axon 9 pro and Nubia z18 are but finding them quite hard to find even in aliexpress. Where are the best places to find these phones.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a docking station that will charge and play music? Very slim pickings for micro usb connectors, mainly all for Apple devices.

Will be used with the Redmi Note 5. :)

Associate
I really like the form factor, design, features and performance of the Meizu 16th:

https://m.gsmarena.com/meizu_16-9280.php

However, I'm wary of the OS not receiving the same level of support as something like the Xiaomi Mi 8. Has anyone had a phone from this company?

I have the Meizu Note 6 and think its a really good phone for the money. There was a few complaints about how long it takes to update os but didn't seem to bad to me.

Soldato
Mi 8 Pro official UK release: £499.99

Disappointed at the lack of the mi mix. I've been holding off ordering one from China to see what the UK launch came up with, happy to pay that sort of money rather than import, but want the mix mix 2s or 3 really.

Soldato
Disappointed that the Mi Mix 3 isn't available to buy here in the UK however looking at the prices it doesn't really matter.

Quite a considerable mark up on a few devices which savvy consumers who have long been into the brand can buy from elsewhere and way cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm okay with the price, would be nice if it was a bit lower but pretty much as expected. I know there are much cheaper options but I still think this is good for anyone who would rather not go down the import route (though I realise that's not many people in this thread)

Soldato
It has everything one could want from a phone. But the battery! Why is it only 3000mAh? You would think for something that powerful (probably on par with iPhone XS Max and SGS9) it would have at least 4000mAh.

Back
Top Bottom