Why do people buy Rustlers microwave burgers?

Soldato
They don't really taste of anything,
Its true.
The cheese bit i dont mind, at least its not the plastic stuff..
But everything else annoys me, those stupid planks of wood. I loved getting one once with a jug of gravy, it was a genuine WTF moment. So i just poured the gravy on anyway.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for good cheese, I just find it funny they make the point of mentioning the product name.

V F

V F

Soldato
They don't really taste of anything,

They don't? What I once remembered everything about it, the roll, the sauces and the cheese all tasted plasticy... The chicken sauce being the worst. I never once used a microwave though.

It was the reason I likely went off them all those years ago. I'd imagine they'd taste even worse now.

Soldato
despite predominantly ranking my foodstuffs by ease of preperation, even i don't go as far as microwave burgers, but then if i'm having burgers i tend to put the effort in and do it properly, toasted bun, bit of nice bacon, grill the cheese etc.

Soldato
They don't? What I once remembered everything about it, the roll, the sauces and the cheese all tasted plasticy... The chicken sauce being the worst. I never once used a microwave though.

It was the reason I likely went off them all those years ago. I'd imagine they'd taste even worse now.

I've not had cheese on one but i remember the bun being bland, the patty not really tasting like much. The only thing I could taste was the ketchup.

Soldato
Okay seriously now, I bought a couple out of sheer curiosity, to see just how bad they are. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, could have prepared me for the absolute abomination that these people call "burgers"...

I microwaved it in exactly the way the packaging described, for the right amount of time, and it came out at a temperature not dis-similar to that of the surface of the sun, and smelling like an old shoe.

Now at this point, any expectations I may have had, were well and truly lessened.

After about 48 hours, when it has sufficiently cooled, I bit into it.

the "bread" is somehow soggy and rubbery at the same time, and the "meat" somehow manages to taste of something, while making me unsure of what exactly it is.

The experience was traumatic, and squealchy, and not one which I wish to repeat. Surely nobody buys another one after their first? If you are so desperate for a quick meal, at least buy something of similar cost which is vaguely edible?!
First mistake is microwaving the bread, you toast the bread only slightly to warm it, only microwave the burger.

You can the eat it, you will then just think meh I've eaten at least

They do there job in a hurry

Associate
Had one a month ago after seeing a work colleague eat one, I'm now ashamed of myself and my work, utterly disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom