PlayStation Classic

Caporegime
I guess a lot of the games not being on there is due to Sony not really having any first party support so the fees associated with getting the games on there doesn't make it worthwhile. GT will have licensing issues which is most likely why it isn't. To top it off it isn't much smaller than a PSone. Also considering how cheap the games are it is better to just buy the original and get dual shocks. The PS1 was a juggernaut but when looking back at top ten handful of world class titles that stand the test of time the Nintendo 64 had it beat.

I could go and play Ocarina of time straight through today no problem but think I would struggle with something like Syphon Filter which was good at the time.

Soldato
Think that nostalgia plays a part. I can happily play through FFVII but you couldn't pay me to try and play through Mario 64 again . That said I didn't have an N64 but I still had lots of enjoyment when I did play it .

Caporegime
Think that nostalgia plays a part. I can happily play through FFVII but you couldn't pay me to try and play through Mario 64 again . That said I didn't have an N64 but I still had lots of enjoyment when I did play it .

Could quite happily play through Mario 64 today. Abe's Oddysee on the other hand. Resident evil games still play reasonable though. Recently played through RE2 again and completed it in two sittings.

Soldato
it wasn't all emulation on the ps3. they had a chip inside them. that is why only some versions ran it. they removed the chip to cut costs.

It wasn't one chip, it was two chips (the Emotion Engine and the Graphics Synthesizer) plus some rambus memory.

The original console had all three, then when Sony cut the hardware back the EE and rambus memory were removed and an emulated EE was used instead. Eventually all of it went. All of the ps3s emulated ps2 in some capacity but the original console was obviously the most compatible.

Soldato
Cancelled my order, sorry but nah. Not with those games at £90.

The popular games on that list everyone has on multiple platforms already including the PS4.

Soldato
Although Metal Gear always holds up. Loved the games until 5 (never grabbed me like the early ones), and they still play well today.

Agreed, MGS is excellent but similarly, I would never play it with only a D-pad. It's a shame they couldn't have included one analogue controller and a regular one.

Soldato
Agreed, MGS is excellent but similarly, I would never play it with only a D-pad. It's a shame they couldn't have included one analogue controller and a regular one.

Absolutely. So much better to play MGS, as well as many other games using analogue sticks. I know they've gone for the total "classic" sort of theme here, but even if they reduced the price and didn't include controllers, you could have chosen which you prefer.

Soldato
I decided to cancel my pre-order.

Like said above if they struggle to shift them and they drop in price a bit I'll consider it but the games don't really do much for me. With the exception of FF7 because I've never got beyond the first disc nothing sticks out to me as something I'd want to play without fear of just being disappointed with how they've aged.

Back
Top Bottom