Steelseries Rival 600 & Apex M750 TKL

Soldato
Currently have a Razer Death Adder Elite and a Razer Cynosa Chroma Keyboard and fancy stepping up and losing it's bloaty software.

Comparing these above, do any of you folks here currently use these peripherals, are they any good as I see reviews are glowing over the mouse but can't find much on the keyboard.

Last edited:
Associate
Have you considered a mechanical keyboard? The Razer Cynosa Chroma is a membrane.

Also if i'm not mistaken its simulates a clicky sound, any idea what kind of switch you want/like?

Soldato
OP
Mechanical would be the ideal upgrade over the membrane.

I stated that I wanted to shift away from Razer but I was looking at the BlackWidow Tournament Edition Chroma V2 with the yellow switches, silent and more responsive than the green and orange, also like the Mamba Elite but very similar to what I have except sensor appears to be better.

Associate
Mechanical would be the ideal upgrade over the membrane.

I stated that I wanted to shift away from Razer but I was looking at the BlackWidow Tournament Edition Chroma V2 with the yellow switches, silent and more responsive than the green and orange, also like the Mamba Elite but very similar to what I have except sensor appears to be better.

Well, the first thing you really need to do is decide what kind of switches you want. This will narrow down the options. Do you want linear or tactile? Clicky or Silent?

I would normally recommend either going to a PC Store and trying some keyboards or getting a switch tester. Pretty cheap online.

Associate
With the mouse, its all about personal preference. Everyone likes different shapes and weights, comfort is key really. Rocket Jump Ninja is really good for mouse reviews and give you an idea.

Soldato
OP
I feel the death adder is slightly to big for my hands. I've been watching a few of Rocket Jump Ninja reviews and I want silent, tactile switches on a keyboard. I kinda know where I want to go with this upgrade and not sure what brand to switch to?

Associate
I feel the death adder is slightly to big for my hands. I've been watching a few of Rocket Jump Ninja reviews and I want silent, tactile switches on a keyboard. I kinda know where I want to go with this upgrade and not sure what brand to switch to?

If you like Steelseries i would look at the Rival 310, really good mouse. I personally love Zowie but again its preference.

From what i know Steelseries Apex 750 TKL uses its own switches very similar to Red switches. So any keyboard with Red's you'll be fine. Ducky are lovely keyboards and worth looking at. I personally love Logitech Romer G switches and have the G513.

I think HyperX Alloy FPS is meant to be really good and again comes in Red switches.

V F

V F

Soldato
If you like Steelseries i would look at the Rival 310, really good mouse. I personally love Zowie but again its preference.

From what i know Steelseries Apex 750 TKL uses its own switches very similar to Red switches. So any keyboard with Red's you'll be fine. Ducky are lovely keyboards and worth looking at. I personally love Logitech Romer G switches and have the G513.

I think HyperX Alloy FPS is meant to be really good and again comes in Red switches.

I love this mouse. So light and great snappy sensor. I also changed the mouse feet yesterday for the Corepad rounded since there are no HyperGlides. Though reading around it's the same feet just the HyperGlides are a bit more bevelled.

The stock Steelseries feet are not bad, they're good once they've been polished up. For so long I thought it was certain pads including the OcUK giant matt that was creating static friction but it was really the feet. With the Corepad's it is so smooth for both micro movement and swiping. 400dpi feels like 800dpi with them.

Soldato
OP
Well I've gone ahead and just ordered the SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL, Rival 600 and QcK Prism. Had a damn good read though all the reviews and all seems glowing with praise.

I did price it up here on OcUK, unfortunately I was forced to purchase direct from SteelSeries as I had significant discounts for buying in bundle...I was also able to use discount codes reducing the overall cost even further!

This will all sync up well with my new Arctis 5 2019 headset, looking forward to delivery day which should be next Wednesday.

Associate
Well I've gone ahead and just ordered the SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL, Rival 600 and QcK Prism. Had a damn good read though all the reviews and all seems glowing with praise.

I did price it up here on OcUK, unfortunately I was forced to purchase direct from SteelSeries as I had significant discounts for buying in bundle...I was also able to use discount codes reducing the overall cost even further!

This will all sync up well with my new Arctis 5 2019 headset, looking forward to delivery day which should be next Wednesday.

Nice! Enjoy!

If you do find the 600 either uncomfy, too big or whatever give the Rival 310 a check

Soldato
OP
Interested for feedback on the Rival 600. My current mouse is a Ninox Venator which I find too light for me.

Great mouse and possibly the best I've owned, fits nicely in the palm.

Plenty of customisation and the added weights making the mouse heavier was a nice feature.

SteelSeries regularly listening to the community and releases new firmware regularly, received one today actually.

Need more time yet, but spot on with the reviews.

OcUK Staff

Plenty of customisation and the added weights making the mouse heavier was a nice feature.

SteelSeries regularly listening to the community and releases new firmware regularly, received one today actually.

Something that's not mentioned often but the software for your peripherals is important and I think Steelseries software is currently the best in the peripheral sphere.

Easy to use, not buggy, firmware updates for peripherals often...

There are tons of reasons I have a Rival 700 at work, home, and we use the 710's on our Twitch streaming rigs. The software is up there!

Associate

Thanks! It seems quite a long mouse.. 0.9 cm longer than my current mouse. I've used one the same length before though (logitech g502) so hopefully be okay. I'm planning on getting the Roccat Vulcan 100 Aimo so would be rude not to get a new mouse also:p

Soldato

Hi,

Can I ask what you think of the keyboard in terms of how loud it is? I'm after a TKL quiet keyboard

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom