** DAS SAY "4Q" TO EVERY OTHER KEYBOARD MANUFACTURER WITH THEIR NEW 5Q KEYBOARD **

Soldato
£240 for what? I simply don't understand.

I'd pay £240 for a keyboard with exemplary build quality and an absurd no quibble warranty. I reckon there could even be a market for something like that. It's not like people replace their keyboard very often.
Well you must be one of the lucky few with much monies, if you've got enough for a £240 keyboard I'm sure you also have a 9900k paired with a 2080ti and a nice ultrawide 120hz monitor. You are right their is a market for it, but that market will be tiny.

Soldato
Well you must be one of the lucky few with much monies, if you've got enough for a £240 keyboard I'm sure you also have a 9900k paired with a 2080ti and a nice ultrawide 120hz monitor. You are right their is a market for it, but that market will be tiny.
You're completely wrong about me. I have a 4 year old 2nd hand CPU, motherboard and RAM, 5 year old Korean monitor, and a 1080 that I bought on launch after saving £20pm for 2 years. Some people highly value quality and longevity.

Soldato
You're completely wrong about me. I have a 4 year old 2nd hand CPU, motherboard and RAM, 5 year old Korean monitor, and a 1080 that I bought on launch after saving £20pm for 2 years. Some people highly value quality and longevity.
You can get high value and longevity from much cheaper keyboards, if you can get Cherry MX switches you are already half way there, keyboards with those switches start at £40, if you want RGB then add another £20-£40, basically you can get a great keyboard for £100 with everything you could possibly need, the only reason this keyboard is £240 is for the gimmicky cloud feature that you'll use once then forget about.

BTW what monitor have you got? Many of those 1440p korean monitors could overclock over 100hz, had a DGM myself, it was great.

OcUK Staff
OP
Genuine question, why would you need to desperately change the colour of your keyboard remotely when you can't even see it?

It's more that external applications can change the colour of your keys.

You could for example have a key tied to work emails, or particular senders, so you knew without having to check your inbox if you'd received emails overnight, or whilst you were out.

Soldato
It's more that external applications can change the colour of your keys.

You could for example have a key tied to work emails, or particular senders, so you knew without having to check your inbox if you'd received emails overnight, or whilst you were out.

Or err, look at your mobile phone? :confused:

Soldato
Genuine question, why would you need to desperately change the colour of your keyboard remotely when you can't even see it?

Agree that it seems like a bit of a gimmick but having thought about it I'd love for it to be able to linked to in game things. For example racing game giving you warning of low oil pressure, tyres overheating or a flight simulator with aircraft warnings.

Soldato
"Smart Gaming Keyboard"

or Lets try and plant as many cliches in the title as we can and add features nobody wants to try and justify the ridiculous price in order to maintain our 500% margin.

Back
Top Bottom