Damn, my trusty Samsung plasma has bitten the dust...is this TV any good?

Soldato
Turned on my (almost 9 year old) TV today and it started changing inputs on the fly. :/

Doesn't respond to the remote except for powering on and off, also the standby/power light is constantly flickering at a high rate.
It's now stuck on the input for my WD player so at least I can watch my (huge) backlog of TV series and films!

Unless someone knows a quick fix I'm looking at a new TV, particularly this one:

https://www.richersounds.com/hisense-55u7a.html

Read some good reviews and seems to offer a lot for the money, which @ £600 is about all I want to spend. Also the Richer Sounds 6 year guarantee is a must.

If anyone has this would like to hear their opinion and any others if they think their is a better alternative.

Soldato
OP
Well I left the TV unplugged overnight and this morning it came back to life!

The standby light flashed a few times and then the TV started as normal.

I'd left it unplugged yesterday a couple of times for up to an hour without success, so wasn't optimistic it would work.

Question is now, how long it will last. I suppose 9 years is not a bad innings these days for electronic items.

I think I'll get into the habit of unplugging it overnight.

Saved me a trip to Richer Sounds this afternoon (I hope)!

Soldato
OP
It'd be a shame to have to buy a TV this close to Black Friday anyway, might be worth keeping a lookout for any good deals then.

Yeh, I thought it was a bad time to buy a TV just before the sales. Although someone on HUKD who recently bought one from RSounds said they sent him an email saying if it went down over Black Friday they'd refund the difference.

Back
Top Bottom