Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Grabbed an 11" iPad Pro and the keyboard cover yesterday. Haven't spent much time with it yet but initial impressions are good. Love the size, weight and form factor. The last iPad I spent much time with was a 1st gen iPad Pro and an iPad Air so the screen is a big step up alone. Going to carry on playing around with it in a minute.

Soldato
I did think about trading in my 10.5 pro for this years model just for the USB-C but reading about it, the USB-C doesn't offer much - at the moment - so I may wait another year. My 10.5 is plenty fast enough for what I use it for.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I did think about trading in my 10.5 pro for this years model just for the USB-C but reading about it, the USB-C doesn't offer much - at the moment - so I may wait another year. My 10.5 is plenty fast enough for what I use it for.

I think iOS13 will really make the iPad pro a contender to replace a lot of peoples laptops. iOS12 is still far too limited to even come close to taking advantage of all the power they put into the iPad Pros

Man of Honour
Decided to get the cellular version in the end so I can use it on the train (given how crap the wi-fi is on GWR trains :p)

Any one recommend a good data only SIM? Don't really want a contract so wondering if you can just buy a SIM that is either preloaded or top up?

Associate
The wife has kindly offered to buy me a new iPad for Christmas as I've had my iPad Air five years now and it's limiting my sofa gaming selection :p

I was all set to just get the 9.7" (2018) and then I saw the new 11" Pro but I really can't decide if it's worth double the price.

As mentioned already, the Pro doesn't have the greatest support and reviews suggest black borders on a lot of current software due to the new aspect ratio of the screen so will I find it annoying...

Does anyone have any thoughts on buying the 128Gb 9.7" now and just buying another one in three years (thus equaling the mad price of the pro pretty much).

I do fancy a Pro and a larger screen but I'm balking at the price. :o

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Depends if you need that size? Only you can answer that.

9.7" would be fine for most things, but some people prefer a larger screen as they'll use it as a TV replacement. Likewise, a smaller one might be easier to take on holiday vs the larger 11". On the flip size, the larger one could be beneficial when multitasking (side by side apps) so there's an argument to be had there.

If money is an issue I'd get the smaller one and upgrade sooner or the larger one and keep it until it dies :p

Soldato
I think iOS13 will really make the iPad pro a contender to replace a lot of peoples laptops. iOS12 is still far too limited to even come close to taking advantage of all the power they put into the iPad Pros

If the USB-C would've allowed it to read external storage devices I would've traded my 10.5" in a heartbeat. The fact it doesn't do that put me off right away and honestly I doubt Apple would ever let that happen as it would stop people buying the massive ones. I literally only use my Pro for media consumption. I would've been fine with a regular iPad but I wanted the 120Hz screen and superior audio. Upgrading again would be silly - though I really like the look of it. Maybe next year.

Decided to get the cellular version in the end so I can use it on the train (given how crap the wi-fi is on GWR trains :p)

Any one recommend a good data only SIM? Don't really want a contract so wondering if you can just buy a SIM that is either preloaded or top up?

I don't know what your mobile phone situation is but why not just tether? I'm sure you could hustle a decent deal. I pay £20 a month for unlimited data and unlimited tethering (only 200 minutes though - which is fine for me as I hate phone calls)

Man of Honour
Couldn’t compare it to surface pro 6 as that can have full version software on not cut down software.

I have to say in my line of work I find the iPad Pro indispensable, I’m not saying that a laptop wouldn’t do it too but no issues from me.

There’s almost full versions of everything heavy duty I use, Photo editing, graphic design, Office apps.

Soldato
The 120hz screen is a massive difference over the 60hz on the iPad 2018 in my opinion. Get into a shop and see if you agree.

I have the older gen 10.5" iPad pro. Not interested in the new one but the screen frequency is enormously important if you use the pencil or even finger tip to do graphics work. People don't realise the improvement until they try it though.

Back
Top Bottom