Micro usb stick, recommendations please

Associate
Hi sorry if this is the wrong place but it’s storage after all, I need a micro ( if that’s what it is called, really short projection) usb stick to place in my av receiver to play music files (usb is hidden behind a flap that I need to keep closed), so never bought one like this before, so can anyone recommend any or do I just go with a recognised brand ?
Thanks

Associate
I've used plenty of SanDisk ones without issues.
They are also fairly common so they should have a decent selection of varying sizes.

Edit: physical sizes i mean, not just storage space.

Soldato
I've got a SanDisk cruiser (i think that's what they're called) that's about the size of the top half of your thumb. Although beware that the write speeds on this model are shocking, something akin to what you'd expect from a cheap chinese knock-off rather than a reputable brand like SanDisk.

Associate
OP
Thanks all, I tried the microsd card in a usb reader but sticks out too much for the flap to close. It would need to be shorter than a phono plug

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks all, I tried the microsd card in a usb reader but sticks out too much for the flap to close. It would need to be shorter than a phone plug
Have you had a look at the sandisk fit range? They are just a little taller than a usb slot. There are various types but if you google sandisk fit you should see a few to give you an idea.

Or ulta fit if fit is too broad a term. But they do fit products without the ultra in the name as well iirc.

Associate
OP
Just to update and say thanks for all the help, after reading up on sizes only not specs I went for a sandisk ultrafit as the shortest projection, so it sticks out from the face of the av receiver less than a phono input so I can close the front flap with it fitted

Back
Top Bottom