LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
Thanks , that sounds good to me . Yea I will drop to high in BFV to reach decent frames at least in MP. Could U notice any slower pixel response in range of 60hz ? Acording to badass review it's abaut 9.5ms in that range and mutch faster on 100-120hz.

The screen felt super responsive to me. Much faster than my 29inch LG ultrawide. I mean it's a Gsync panel. Remember the Freesync version has higher input lag than the Gsync version and obviously that should also be good enough for gamers seeing as these screens are aimed towards that group. TFTCentral rated the Gsync version as Class 1 (Meaning even Pro Gamers should be satisfied with the response times) and the Freesync version has been rated as Class 2 (Meaning the response time should be good enough for the majority of gamers)

Associate
The screen felt super responsive to me. Much faster than my 29inch LG ultrawide. I mean it's a Gsync panel. Remember the Freesync version has higher input lag than the Gsync version and obviously that should also be good enough for gamers seeing as these screens are aimed towards that group. TFTCentral rated the Gsync version as Class 1 (Meaning even Pro Gamers should be satisfied with the response times) and the Freesync version has been rated as Class 2 (Meaning the response time should be good enough for the majority of gamers)
Great news thanks :) . That was the reason for me to buying Gsync version no input lag at all ! As i playing FPS games . Now I really can't wait for UK stock . :D

Associate
Does anyone know if this monitor features PIP (picture in picture)? The spec's look great, but I really want the ability to run as if I had two separate monitors when writing code. Thanks :)

Associate
FINALLY.. So Fedex accidentally told me the address where they incorrectly delivered my monitor, so after work, I got a bunch of my buddies together, and drove down to pay the man a "visit". I was like, yo b*tch, where's my monitor?
Nah jk.. He was a nice guy.. was taking delivery on 2 LG monitors the same day so the Fedex dude accidentally grabbed a third (mine)... two.. three.. what's the difference to them, it's close enough :) ANYWAY, he let me just take the monitor home so I didn't have to wait for Fedex to conclude their "investigation" in 2-3 business days when they knew damn well where they delivered it.. Saved me a weekend of not gaming on it!

ANYWAY, here are the final panel pictures, black screen, from a little back (not exactly viewing position but it doesn't really change from up close). What do YOU guys think? I think it's great.. IPS glow is lower than my ASUS monitors (admittedly they are running bright for work purposes) and they are in the image for comparison. As far as back light bleed, there are small amounts at the top and bottom left corners, and an even smaller amount at the top right. Nothing much along the bottom right and nothing at the edges. My comparison panels are on the right.

So after all the trouble I went through getting it, I am happy and keeping it I think. Not sure if returning it multiple times I could eliminate the corner bleed, but I don't think it will bother me. (If anything it's less than the IPS glow). I would add that again, the camera is brightening up the picture a bit because the ASUS monitors don't glow that much (not enough to bother me) and the room light is much dimmer than in the picture..

I'll post what I think of colors etc as I use it over the weekend. One thing I already don't like a bit tho (maybe true of wide screens) is that it wobbles a tiny amount on the monitor stand as I hammer away on my mechanical keyboard. I wish it was a bit more stable (VESA mount for those of you that can).

h0fVCam.jpg
k94TvSF.jpg uFyTSqA.jpg BOsci5D.jpg

what a lucky man, enjoy m8
wish my x34p look half as decent

Associate
Does anyone know if this monitor features PIP (picture in picture)? The spec's look great, but I really want the ability to run as if I had two separate monitors when writing code. Thanks :)

As far as I know that would be a driver function? There’s no PIP native on the monitor. But there are many open source programs that can be used to set up virtual displays on any ultrawide allowing you to split the screen however you want. I had looked into these a little while back.

TY ! Coming from a 10 year old monitor to something modern was pretty impactful.

Soldato

Out of interest, and not derail this thread too much, but what are the issues with your X34P that make this newer monitor look so much better?

I was going to look into one of these new LG models, but the limited stock has kind of put paid to that and I was preparing to look for Black Friday deals on the X34P. It would be good to hear what the issues are so I can decide whether to get back to waiting out the arrival of reviews and then stock for this one.

Associate
As far as I know that would be a driver function? There’s no PIP native on the monitor. But there are many open source programs that can be used to set up virtual displays on any ultrawide allowing you to split the screen however you want. I had looked into these a little while back.

Thanks for the response and information. The reason I ask, is that this is a feature on some of the other LG widescreens, they call it "Screen Split", for instance the LG34UC98 features screen split 2.0, which allows the monitor to present itself to the OS as distinct monitors, with many options, e.g. splitting the screen into 3 logical monitors (see: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC98-W-ultrawide-monitor).

I don't know much about software based screen splitting (will take a look), but the monitor screen split (PIP or PBP) support seems pretty common nowadays, although not so common on gaming focused monitors.

Associate
Can anyone explain to me the benefits or cons of going with the F version over the G version if you are a Nvidia user? Am I really losing much going with the F over the G if I use a Nvidia GPU and don't have access to GSync?

is it silly to consider the F over the G for gaming?

Associate
Thanks for the response and information. The reason I ask, is that this is a feature on some of the other LG widescreens, they call it "Screen Split", for instance the LG34UC98 features screen split 2.0, which allows the monitor to present itself to the OS as distinct monitors, with many options, e.g. splitting the screen into 3 logical monitors (see: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC98-W-ultrawide-monitor).

I don't know much about software based screen splitting (will take a look), but the monitor screen split (PIP or PBP) support seems pretty common nowadays, although not so common on gaming focused monitors.

if you download the LG "On Screen Control" software, this contains the screen split tech - and works on ANY lg monitor - from 22" to 38", fhd to 5k2k

Associate
Can anyone explain to me the benefits or cons of going with the F version over the G version if you are a Nvidia user? Am I really losing much going with the F over the G if I use a Nvidia GPU and don't have access to GSync?

The only thing you would be losing out on long term is the faster response time of the gsync model which you may or may not notice/feel. For that you would gain an SRGB mode, an additional 24 MHz refresh rate and the ability to display 8bit + FRC colour.

The major downside is that we are probably 2-3 generations of cards away from being able to drive the monitor where minimum frames are at 144hz. That means without gsync or an amd card you will be susceptible to tearing. But as you upgrade in the years ahead to faster cards... or amd cards...(while keeping the monitor) tearing will become less of an issue.

So in summary if you can put up with the possibility of some tearing for the next few years and can deal with the slightly slower response times (are u a top tier professional gamer?) the F model would be a fine choice to grow into.

Associate
Can anyone please do the scanline test on their brand new monitors? Install G-sync pendulum demo, run it with G-sync enabled, put Framerate Min/Max to fluctuate between 30-120 and watch the top left and right portion of the screen, you might see some feint gray scanlines running across the screen. Scanlines look like this

QudiCtm.jpg

Also please do a retention test, you can find it here https://marco.org/rmbp-irtest.html
Howzit. I did your tests and could not see any of the problems you are referring to. Makes sense though since this is a native 144hz screen downclocked to 120hz

Man of Honour

Comparison included within this review which should help http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_34gk950g.htm

Associate
The only thing you would be losing out on long term is the faster response time of the gsync model which you may or may not notice/feel. For that you would gain an SRGB mode, an additional 24 MHz refresh rate and the ability to display 8bit + FRC colour.

The major downside is that we are probably 2-3 generations of cards away from being able to drive the monitor where minimum frames are at 144hz. That means without gsync or an amd card you will be susceptible to tearing. But as you upgrade in the years ahead to faster cards... or amd cards...(while keeping the monitor) tearing will become less of an issue.

So in summary if you can put up with the possibility of some tearing for the next few years and can deal with the slightly slower response times (are u a top tier professional gamer?) the F model would be a fine choice to grow into.

Not a top tier pro gamer, so that's why I may not really care not having G sync.

Associate
Pls also check for white uniformity issues, tints etc, since it has been a major issue with x34p and the aw3418dw
I've noticed that the left side of the screen has a slightly less brighter/ almost blueish tint where the right side and middle is the same. But is very subtle. You only see it when making the whole screen white. Does not bother me though as i'm not going to be looking at a white screen. This display is mainly for gaming and some work.

Associate
I've noticed that the left side of the screen has a slightly less brighter/ almost blueish tint where the right side and middle is the same. But is very subtle. You only see it when making the whole screen white. Does not bother me though as i'm not going to be looking at a white screen. This display is mainly for gaming and some work.
Thats good to hear, my x34p was blueish on the left and yellow on the right side only the middle of the screen was normal.

Associate
The color temp on my 34GK950F seems to be completely uniform (well, there's always going to be some differences, but nothing that I can see with my eye even on a full white screen). No noticeable deviations in brightness either - some other monitors I've had like the PG279Q were terrible for this, with a section of the screen being notably brighter or dimmer than the rest.

Associate
The color temp on my 34GK950F seems to be completely uniform (well, there's always going to be some differences, but nothing that I can see with my eye even on a full white screen). No noticeable deviations in brightness either - some other monitors I've had like the PG279Q were terrible for this, with a section of the screen being notably brighter or dimmer than the rest.

That's good to hear as I doing a lot of CAD/CAM job on PC not only gaming . I was looking at 5k2k first but 1,6k£ and no gsync means it only good for work not eny gaming and resolution is extremly hard to drive for gaming . I waiting for 5k2k 120hz gsync and rtx 6080TI to drive that res :D

Associate
A picture of my final setup

BIzJ93e.jpg
JAGFo21

Back
Top Bottom