Fallout 76

Soldato
Its the lack of NPC's that's so world breaking. Why are there no towns with people who survived outside the vaults? Why are there no ghouls with their brains still intact? Raiders? Slavers? Wandering traders?

Also why are there super mutants in this game? I've never played Fallout 1, but 20 years after the bombs fell weren't the super mutants still in the design stage? Or only on the west coast? It doesn't make sense that their here in this game. Would be the same with the Brotherhood of Steel. Bethesda are rewriting their own established lore so they can refuse Fallout 4 assets and save money.

And your example of working in a group does sound kinda fun. But I don't have a group of people I game with regularly. And I don't want to have to rely on strangers to get through the game. I want to be able to play a game like Fallout on my own. And it honestly feels like the solo experience is a hollow soulless mess.

Associate
I really want love to pre order this, im level 109 in f4, currently enjoying far harbor. Its a beutiful game, but i dont have online friends, i left school over twenty years ago lmao???

And btw, pre got battlefield v, so i like muliplayer. Going to have to see what happens with 76

Soldato
I kind of still want to give this a go despite how much more effort they could (and probably should) have put into it... Not at 50 quid though

Soldato
I kind of still want to give this a go despite how much more effort they could (and probably should) have put into it... Not at 50 quid though

My sentiments exactly. Part of me still wants to play the game, even knowing they could have done so much better. But not at that price. I mean you can Red Dead Redemption 2 for that kinda money. A game with actual EFFORT put into making a good story and characters. And a much better looking game too.

I expect the games price will drop quickly. I might pick it up then.

Soldato
My sentiments exactly. Part of me still wants to play the game, even knowing they could have done so much better. But not at that price. I mean you can Red Dead Redemption 2 for that kinda money. A game with actual EFFORT put into making a good story and characters. And a much better looking game too.

I can understand the gripes, I just get on better in sandbox games, the lack of human NPC's didn't bother me as much as I thought it would because I was playing with friends. Maybe they need some sort of proximity chat?

It should have been an expensive add-on for fallout 4 but I appreciate the scale of the map they have created so I'm guessing it's like marmite.

Soldato

Yes I hope after a few months the game will be less buggy and there will be a better picture of the long term life of the game. Shame because I am a sucker for the fallout series and wanted this to be really good.

Associate
Bought f4 when it came out, im playing it all the time, trying to complete far harbor... V nearly there. That memory simulation?? Like portal, it kept me up till 5am, unbelievable. Fallout 76 should be a dead cert, but going to wait.

Associate
I want to like it but still haven't even delved into FO4 properly as I'm not playing on PC much now. I tried a few hours on the last beta after a friend sent me a code and I can see it being fun in a group but I suspect I would get bored on my own.

He is mad about anything FO related and pre-ordered the T-51 Helmet edition to my address and it is being delivered today. He may actually make it here from work before it arrives as the time slot gives him a 50% chance :D.

Associate
Got to say they look much better than I expected but have you tried it on? American must have small heads, my mate crushed his nose and it's lucky I don't have hair :D.

Caporegime
Gamespot

Metal Gear Survive - 5
Fallout 76 - 4.4

MGS is probably the worst game I've played for a long time and that includes Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 which is a complete turd, so scoring lower than that is no mean feat.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm hoping that this makes Bethesda realise they need to fix it and release an actual game, their comments on supporting it "forever" seem a bit silly in the state its in now.

Soldato
Watching the Giant Bomb stream they were struggling to do much other than run around killing Ghouls & Super Mutes. What I saw was rather empty of story content but it's early and they had only been on it a coupe of hours.

Back
Top Bottom