**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Update from me. And not a good one. My Pixel 3 is gone.

After a couple of days I noticed in low light (when the backlight is dim) that the bottom half of the screen was tinted pink. I’ve heard it mentioned in this thread actually. Very obvious on white backgrounds and this blue forum and very very annoying.

Went to exchange it this morning and they had no stock so they’ve refunded for me to re-order it online. I’m torn - I really, really like the phone but after some Googling this looks like a horrendously common problem. I’m not really after a bigger phone but I don’t know whether to consider the XL which seems to be immune from thus particular problem... or something different altogether.

That sucks man. Who from, EE?

Associate
reading about the initial issues of the pixel 3/XL I’m glad I’ve kept hold of my pixel 2 XL.

Going to see how it all unfolds over the upcoming months.
There does seem to be quite a few issues to be worked out before this phone is ready for the big time.

I'm really starting to think it's a mugs game buying new hardware as soon as it's released. You pay top dollar and end up being a beta tester for the privilege, but I guess someone has to (buy them).

Associate
I'm really starting to think it's a mugs game buying new hardware as soon as it's released. You pay top dollar and end up being a beta tester for the privilege, but I guess someone has to (buy them).

I can put up with dubious QA if it's part of the price but paying top end should be a way to protect yourself from such nonsense.

Soldato
Well I've had 2 Pixel 3 XL's now and I haven't even signed into either of them.
1st one arrived with a huge pink line running from top to bottom down the screen, 2nd arrived this morning and wont even turn on or accept charge so is DOA.

I'm done with this utter garbage, refund is requested and I'm out today to grab a OP6T.

Associate
This whole 6 month Youtube Premium trial garbage is a kick in the teeth too.

So already having a £11.99 subscription exempts you from the offer, some loyalty to their customers right there!

Soldato
This whole 6 month Youtube Premium trial garbage is a kick in the teeth too.

So already having a £11.99 subscription exempts you from the offer, some loyalty to their customers right there!
Agreed. It's total BS. As are LG.
Thinking of holding fire on any new phone til the S10 is announced

Soldato
From what I seen on a video before, brands will buy for example the 845 but ones with a higher failure rate to get a reduced cost. I imagine that happens with screens too.

Soldato
Collected my xl3 from Matalan (thanks DPD) all setup and working. No issues and everything running super smooth. Not a big update from the xl2 clearly but already appreciating the haptic feedback. That is one thing which feels much better.

Notch not really bothering me at the moment. I might try the notch off at some point as I thought I would but for now I will see how I go.

So far so good. The hardest part has been going to a white phone. Miss the black bit EE had zero black stock. In fact they only had 5 whites in. Which is shocking .

Associate
I cancelled my order today all the issues i keep seeing put me off it. Ill wait a while and see if the issues get sorted or ill just hold off for the s10+

Soldato
24 hours on I am really pleased with my xl3. Had all of nexus and pixel devices and glad I went for this one. Granted the upgrade from the xl2 to xl3 is minimal but enjoying it so far. My Mrs now has my xl2 so a jump for her in the camera department from the xl1.

What colour settings are people using ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom