**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
I'm so impressed by what I have seen of this phone (I have bought one as a present for a family member) I have another one being delivered tomorrow - for me. :D

John Lewis purchase.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
Well after going from Pixel 2Xl to P3XL I've now gone to 6T.

I've had two P3XL, first one was dead after half a days use, second one had abit better battery life but the inbult speakers are terrible so I've returned it and got the 6T.

I went for the 8Gb 128gb in midnight black, I've had oneplus phones before (1 and 2)

Now that I've got nova launcher and Google Feed addon its back to how I like it.

Caporegime
I have the oneplus 3 and love the OS.

I would get the 6t, I love the look of it with the teardrop notch... However I'm thinking that having no notification light is a deal breaker..

How are all you users of the 6t getting on with not having the notification light??

Is it a case of being a deal breaker to you too?? IE. Sending the phone back?

??

It's taken a few days to get used to not having it. The ambient display can be set to show up notifications and you can either lift to wake or tap the screen to wake.

Associate
Mm without a notification light and always on display how do you know if you've got a message? :confused:

Phone goes beep, I expect they'll cave on AoD.

One thing that's been bugging me is it keeps asking me if I want to turn off notifications on a certain app because I keep dismissing them but I'm dismissing them because I've read them. Very annoying.

Soldato

One thing that's been bugging me is it keeps asking me if I want to turn off notifications on a certain app because I keep dismissing them but I'm dismissing them because I've read them. Very annoying.
Yeah that's not a OnePlus thing, it's Android Pie. I kept getting those messages on my 2XL after it upgraded to Pie.

Caporegime

Have to agree, I'm bloody swiping them away as I've read them!!

Caporegime
You just have to look at the user base on the forums to see why. People complain about the most banal things. HIGH BATTERY DRAIN ON AOD - this is unacceptable blah blah.

Soldato
Imo AOD is vital if you don't have a notification LED. I got a 5t after having a Galaxy S7 and the feature I missed the most was the AOD, but at least I still had the notification LED. Like you say, they should give customers the option of enabling it but warn them that battery drain will be higher if they do.

Soldato
What is the general consensus on the pre-applied screen protector? I generally don't use them and have fitted maybe two or three in my time only to remove them within a month. That being said since it's factory fitted I'll probably let it run its course and keep the screen pristine for a while at least. It also appears to have some slight anti glare qualities that I've noticed with the strong sunlight this morning. It's definitely much easier to use than my 2XL and I don't think it's purely down to brightness.

Associate
What is the general consensus on the pre-applied screen protector? I generally don't use them and have fitted maybe two or three in my time only to remove them within a month. That being said since it's factory fitted I'll probably let it run its course and keep the screen pristine for a while at least. It also appears to have some slight anti glare qualities that I've noticed with the strong sunlight this morning. It's definitely much easier to use than my 2XL and I don't think it's purely down to brightness.

Compared to the 3T version it seems to be quite an improvement, I probably won't change mine until it's reasonably worn.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
30 hours since last charge.. 6 hours screen on time...battery at 30%. Amazing. Won't be sending anything back. :)
Got another hour of screen on time by time it got to 15%. 7 hours is reallllly good. Hopefully stays like this as battery life was always the #1 thing that annoyed me about mobile phones.

Soldato
Can someone explain, or link to explanation, of the waterproofing situation? It has no IP rating, but is waterproof?
My understanding is OP don't fork out for the testing and confirmation just to obtain a certificate to make it official. It is waterproof in all but name. Matthew Moniz did a great video showing off the waterproofing prowess of the 6T.

Soldato
To those who installed the ported Pixel 3 camera APK, how are you finding it? I've noticed for general point and shoot stuff it is significantly better than the OP camera app. However the portrait mode seems to do nothing for me, it looks like a normal picture. Anyone else found this or have any tips?

Back
Top Bottom