Fanless PSU up to 400w

Soldato
Why do you need a fanless psu ? They are usually very expensive compared to non fanless power supplies. A lot of units have hybrid fan mode these days so the fan won't even spin up until a certain load/temp is reached.

Soldato
Because there are no other fans and I believe fanless PSU's are of better build quality with better components.

I wouldn't say they have better build quality. There are lots of high end power supplies that are not fanless.

What specs are you going to be running ? And what sort of gpu are you looking to add later ?

You could get something like a Bitfenix Whisper 450W for example for £75 if you don't need a lot of wattage.

Associate
OP
I would think that if a PSU is expected to run at higher temperatures the components will have to be of higher quality. With a 400w PSU I will have 350W for the GPU so I guess I should be able to add almost any GPU.

Soldato
I would think that if a PSU is expected to run at higher temperatures the components will have to be of higher quality. With a 400w PSU I will have 350W for the GPU so I guess I should be able to add almost any GPU.

The design is different. That doesn't mean better components. If you go and read a review of the Seasonic Fanless you will see that it uses Nippon-Chemi con caps amongst others. Go look at a review of something like a Corsair RMi and you will see the same/similar caps used i.e Japanese.

If you want to pay double the price for Fanless then that is your choice of course. If it was Me I would just get a good hybrid unit.

Back
Top Bottom