Associate
Case ordered- now looking at putting custom loop in. Currently eyeing up the ekwb p360 kit. Anyone had any experience of this radiator in the evolv x. Reading it may be a bit of a squeeze to add it in at the top with fans too.

No problems with fitting in this rad. Only issue is that this radiator requires more fan rpm to cool properly. If you are OK with 1200-1400 as minimum, then you should be fine. That's my experience however with GPU in the loop. Only cpu should be quieter.

Associate
M
No problems with fitting in this rad. Only issue is that this radiator requires more fan rpm to cool properly. If you are OK with 1200-1400 as minimum, then you should be fine. That's my experience however with GPU in the loop. Only cpu should be quieter.
Mmm I thought that 360mm would eat cpu and gpu for breakfast. I think that the x360 seems a bit ott plus ddc fan is noisier. Must be quieter than my current air setup though.

Last edited:
Associate
M

Mmm I thought that 360mm would eat cpu and gpu for breakfast. I think that the x360 seems a bit ott plus ddc fan is noisier. Must be quieter than my current air setup

360pe will be enough, it's not about that this radiator is not capable. It's about how it's designed, which makes it work as intended at slightly higher speeds. It will still perform well, the kit is good (I started with it as well).

Associate
Taken from the manual.

MAX. RADIATOR CLEARANCE
140mm Radiators: A:405mm B:146mm C:65mm
120mm Radiators: A:405mm B:126mm C:65mm*
FRONT
MAX. RADIATOR CLEARANCE:
A :465mm B:148mm C:95mm
*If the motherboard and its components (e.g. memory) are 50mm or lower there is no limit in Radiator thickness

Rad In that kit is 40mm and fans are 25mm according to ek site so it will be fine

Associate
Hi, so sorry, I didn't see you questions.

1. Yes.
2. They are Halos, the standard RGB items but I'm just about to replace with the lux digitals instead and run them form the case lighting.
3. I made a bracket form sheet ally.
4. An Asus Z370f with full EK monoblock.
5. I have monsoon mandrels to assist with some parts but others I did without. I used 16mm OD tubing and its a git to tight bends with.

Thanks for the response, not been on the forums for a while so sorry for the delay!

Associate
Has anyone got any experience with GPU temps when using the vertical PCIE mount? I have an Inno3d iChill GTX1080ti X3 Ultra and it’s a 2.5+ slot card if that helps?

I have ditched plans for a custom loop and gone with a top mounted 360mm ASUS AIO instead and am planning to use 3 x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM as front intake and a Noctua NF-A14 2000 PWM as rear exhaust. Decided on a stealth look, using Chromax black corners, and wondered if I push lots of air into the case that I can keep GPU temperatures reasonable?

Associate
ilc72>I use the coolermaster vertical bracket even though you can use the phanteks one, you just need the riser cable. The reason I went with the coolermaster one was I didn't want my gfx card really close to the glass. Similar to yours it also a 2.5 slot design. I do have another 1080ti and I could have used that with the Phanteks version of vertical gpu mount as it is 2 slot design.

So using the vertical mount (coolermaster) it idles at 25-27. With the fan stop it idles at roughly 33. Underload I used Bf1 64 man to test it is about 59-61c. I am not sure how the Phanteks take on the vertical mount if that would improve or decrease the temps.

But compared to my old evolv atx case it seems to be cooler but then again that was normal orientation and the side panels off. But IIRC under load on bf1 64 man it was like anywhere between 65-70.

But we will see when summer comes around.

Associate
Sounds like a good option too. Shame people are having to replace these in a premium case. Has anyone contacted Phanteks and if so what was the response? I will log a ticket with them.

I gave up and bought the Corsair Commander pro and all the issues have been resolved with my fans doing odd things.

Associate
I gave up and bought the Corsair Commander pro and all the issues have been resolved with my fans doing odd things.

I use the Commander Pro in my existing 500D build and its excellent though routing all the cables from the 6 x LL120 fans was a challenge but also had a Corsair RM650i connected as well. The killer for me is the iCue software as it’s getting very good indeed. Only issue is that iCue and ASUS AiSuite caused odd behaviour including crashes. Also had to uninstall HWInfo64.

Soldato
What's the difference between the premium rizer cable and the other one apart from price as I'm looking to buy one.

The premium one 600mm in length and the other one is 220mm in length, i made the mistake of buying the premium one thinking it would be better some how but it was far too long for this case and my setup so i returned it and bought the 220mm one and this one fits perfect and performance is no different.

Just finished installing mine, temps have gone up a few degrees but my cooler can handle it its just nice to actually see the fans spin and the design of my card for a change.

rcrk0o.jpg

Associate
The premium one 600mm in length and the other one is 220mm in length,

Not true, there is premium 220mm lenght and 600mm lenght also slimline 220mm lenght. Premium 220mm costs £35.99 and slimline 220mm costs £29.99. Don't know if the performance between premium and slimline any different.

Back
Top Bottom