The Night Comes From Us

On netflix
Indonesian film, brutal with very high body count and some good choreography
Worth a waste of a couple of hours
Doesn’t really go anywhere though

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The Thing (1982...yes...damn film is 36 years old now , you wouldnt believe it when watching it though) is on tv tonight, so I havent watched it today as yet...however, based on the sheer fact that its my favourite film of all time, I will make a prediction rating of ....

10/10. :D
Amazing movie, ranks up there in my top 5 at least. The techniques used in that movie were unparalleled at the time, and beat most of today's CGI with one arm tied behind it's back.

The sequel wasn't terrible either, and the game was reasonable.

DUN DUNNNNN..... DUN DUNNNNNN..... :D

Soldato
night of bad movies for us last night:
dr mordrid - not bad dr strange rip off with jeffrey combs. moderately entertaining.
brain damage - bit too gory for me but super weird and entertaining.
beyond reanimator - pretty good sequel with the craziest credits scene i've ever seen

Soldato
Overlord (2018) - 8/10

A relatively standard World War II movie turns into something special in this dark and brutal story of Nazi experimentation and cruelty.

Straightforward story, but with plenty of horror, tension, gore and violence.

The special effects and action scenes are superb, really bringing you into the action with its loud explosions and effects, and the acting is good too.

It does fall into a number of Hollywood tropes, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I concur, a solid horror movie, very entertaining. I thought the action and non-horror elements were surprisingly good, especially the opening scene and the gunfights. Everything had a very visceral feel to it, not necessarily realistic, but well done.

Caporegime
Amazing movie, ranks up there in my top 5 at least. The techniques used in that movie were unparalleled at the time, and beat most of today's CGI with one arm tied behind it's back.

The sequel wasn't terrible either, and the game was reasonable.

DUN DUNNNNN..... DUN DUNNNNNN..... :D
Ditto (for the film), for sure in my top 5 of all time.

The game was hilarious (probably unintentionally tho :p) I'm not sure I'd say that the game was "good", except for the aforementioned comedy value :p

e: There's a sequel? I'm guessing it's a remake... I don't think I'll risk it :p Love the Carpenter film too much to risk watching a remake...

Man of Honour
e: There's a sequel? I'm guessing it's a remake... I don't think I'll risk it :p Love the Carpenter film too much to risk watching a remake...

The sequel is actually a prequel, tells the story of what happened at the Norweigan base and goes right up to a final scene of them taking off in the helicopter to chase the wolf, so fits together really well with Carpenters film if you watch them back to back. Its actually pretty decent, not as good as the first thing, but a good compliment to it to form the complete story.

Caporegime
The sequel is actually a prequel, tells the story of what happened at the Norweigan base and goes right up to a final scene of them taking off in the helicopter to chase the wolf, so fits together really well with Carpenters film if you watch them back to back. Its actually pretty decent, not as good as the first thing, but a good compliment to it to form the complete story.

You mean the Swedish base?

:p

D3K

D3K

Soldato
My only beef with the prequel is that they used CGI. They should have used animatronics and paid the homage the original deserves.

Soldato
2001 A Spacy Odyssey

First time ever watching this and for the most part I went in blind. All I knew about it was that "HAL turns on the crew" - that was it.

I thought, especially for it's time, it is incredibly well shot. Excellent use of different camera angles tricking you into thinking they were in zero gravity. Visually there were a couple of tell tale signs that it's from 50 years ago but overall, it looks great.

The movie itself...the first 35 minutes were confusing as I was expecting a space movie but got the beginning I got. I found myself repeatedly checking to make sure it was the right movie and not something else. The movie is an incredibly slow burner movie and the pacing felt off in many places. Ranging from incredibly incredibly slow to an alright pace back to slow with more confusion! But thinking about it over night, I believe this was entirely the purpose to completely throw the viewer off.

And the ending...well, I don't mind admitting I understood almost nothing of it. The only thing that was apparent to me was Dave losing the concept of time as we saw him get very old very quickly. The rest...well, I think I'll Google it.

Overall, despite the large doses of confusion I am glad I watched this and can see why it's considered a classic by many :D
Most overrated movie of all time. Its merits everything it gets for cinematography but the story is just terrible.

Soldato
The Witch

Turned if off after 5 minutes. It was far too dreary for my liking.

Last Vegas

Pretty funny. Had an old school comedy vibe and actually had some depth to it. I liked the chemistry between all the main actors.

6/10

Caporegime
Interstellar - Rewatched this for the first time since the cinema. It gave me goosebumps just like before! :)

Lady Bird - an odd film, went into this completely blind. Had some very laugh out loud moments and overall we liked it. Did wonder where it was going at times though.

Back
Top Bottom