Hamburg

Soldato
I am in Hamburg about 8 or 9 times a year.

If you like sweet shots, visit Albers Bar, it has shots that taste like strawberries and cream or apple strudel.
If you like beer, visit Altes Mädchen - they have something like 60 beers, something like 20 on tap and they brew their own too. Do some decentish food also! Every time I am in Hamburg I visit at least once.
If you like steak - Estancia Steaks is pretty good
If you're trying impress, probably somewhere like The table Kevin fehling, Delta bistro or Meatery.

depends what you're doing really dude, I am usually there eating/drinking with clients/friends/colleagues

Soldato
Soldato
I'm with the GF. Someone told us not much sight seeing in Hamburg, but it's a different country that's enough!

What are prices like there?

I'm there all the time (here now actually :p) there's loads to do. What do you want from your trip and I can probably help you.

Prices are par for course, just think normal UK city prices.

Caporegime
I've only been with guys so the Reeperbahn was our gathering point, beautiful city though. Looked like there's lots to do/culture, just wish I'd done that rather than STI street :p.

Soldato
I went here on a stag do a few months back. If that's the kinda think you want then knock yourself out. We stayed close to the central station. But my God, the place was an absolute crap hole!

Something a bit more constructive; we went to The Imperial Lasertag Academy. It was incredible fun and I'd highly recommend it.

Caporegime
It is an amazing night out, glad I didn't find it when I was younger or it would have broken me :p

One night I ended up chatting to a guy with his dog from Portsmouth. After declining his offer to buy some cocaine :p, he ended up telling me his life story including walking from Portsmouth and ending up in Hamburg. Although I slated the area earlier, there was never a dull night.

Soldato
OP
After a few days in Hamburg, it seems "backwards" and in some ways forwards.

More connected trabsport system but not very organised.
Better cycling infrastructure.

Lack of card usage, still largely cash driven socieys
Seems more run down, more of a homeless problem than the UK.
Hygeine seems lower in some ways also

Roads don't seem better maintaonem than the UK?

Back
Top Bottom