Warcraft build

Associate
Hi guys.
I am looking to build/buy a desktop for playing world of Warcraft (me) and second life (wife)
I have keyboard mouse speaker and monitor I currently have is samsung s24d39ohl 24 inch hdmi

I have looked at this spec on toms guide but as I have been away from computer specs for a long time I haven't really got a clue.
I would like to keep it below £700 if possible, cheaper if I can get away with it with the machine still being fit for purpose for a while.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Great. Thank you for that.
I see it's right on my budget too. Just through interest is there anything in the list that is scraping through to keep the costs down that spending a little extra now may benefit?
Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Great. Thank you for that.
I see it's n.a. g on my budget too. Just through interest is there anything in the list that is scraping through to keep the costs down that spending a little extra now may benefit?
Cheers
To get a cheaper build that will still run WoW. Change the Ram too 8GB. Take away the SSD. Or take away the HDD and have a 500GB SSD Instead of the 256gb. Also take a ryzen 3 if you want the build to be even cheaper but capable

Associate
OP
Thanks.
It is the first time I have ever built a pc but want to give it a go.

I am presuming I will also need to by windows 10 to run this system. Other than that is there everything there I need? If so I'll order it and get watching some self build YouTube videos

Soldato
are you looking to play all of them or just up to like draenor? i only ever played up till the panda release which was easy to run on much less demanding systems, i know probably after Draenor the game got more demanding, but something like i suggested would do and use the spare 100 for windows otherwise the other one is plenty capable, just at top of budget.

i have decided to play again, so downloading the battle chest , base - Draenor, have no doubt my ryzen wont struggle.. that game for your wife could be played pretty much on an Atom system.

Associate
OP
I to left at mists of pandaria so would be starting there but likely to want the most recent before long so happy to go for the better spec.
I don't even know how much windows is now, will have to learn how to use the stupid tile system as our old comp and work comps are on 7.

Soldato
Download the Windows Media Creation tool from Microsoft, make a bootable USB drive. Dont have to have CD key you can select skip on that option. It all works fine without actiivation ! and buy a key for £20ish off internet. If you have no pc to make the usb on, ask a friend to do it or leave it.

Soldato
I to left at mists of pandaria so would be starting there but likely to want the most recent before long so happy to go for the better spec.
I don't even know how much windows is now, will have to learn how to use the stupid tile system as our old comp and work comps are on 7.

i spent most of my early to mid 20s(im 33) on this game and i quit just as the panda expansion was released, so dont know what it was like.

anyways i have been playing WoW since yesterday on my ryzen system, at 1920x1080 on high settings i get a smooth steady 122fps with dips to low 100's when out in the open doing missions, i did drop under 40 in orgrimmar going through a medium crowd, but usually hovers between 50-90fps in the city, think im having performance issues though with drivers i think, but given my 1200 is the lower end, maybe would be best to skip the 1400 despite it having more threads/performance than mine and go straight for the 6 core.

Associate
i spent most of my early to mid 20s(im 33) on this game and i quit just as the panda expansion was released, so dont know what it was like.

Sounds exactly like me, I did try BFA after 7 years. Instant regret for my £30+£10, still the same old wow that's abusing dopamine rewards mechanics for addiction on what is otherwise a big waste of time and pixel illusion. One really needs to get into the metapsyhics of what "fun" is to break addiction, is being hooked on meth ecstasy in a bed somewhere "fun". Sorry for my share :p

Good thing about wow is you don't need much to run it, ran perfectly fine on my i5-2500K and gtx 770 at medium specs. Should be very easy to keep below £700. Only time I had issues was blizzard still can't get servers right, Drustvar and Voldun were pretty unplayable for the majority of time with lag, really annoying whilst leveling.

Back
Top Bottom