What RAM for Ryzen 2700x

Associate
My brain is friend trying to understand what RAM to get for my new PC.

I will be getting the Ryzen 2700x CPU and probably the and the Aorus X470 Gaming 7 AC Wifi.
Will also be getting the MSI RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Gaming X Trio.

Now my problem is what RAM to get. There are so many different messages around that it has fried my brain. Motherboard compatibility lists don't have all RAM listed on them. Certain RAM for certain CPUs. It has all got the best of me which is why I am here literally begging for help.
So here is what I am looking for.
I would prefer RGB RAM as my case and fans and motherboard and AIO will have it.
Ideally for looks I want all 4 RAM sockets filled.

I had been looking at 2 packs of CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W. This RAM doesn't appear on any X470 compatibility list though. That RAM is also dual channel.

Was also looking at CMW32GX4M4C3200C16W is quad channel, 4 sticks of 8gig RAM. Will this work also in that motherboard?

From what I did manage to pick up is that the Ryzen 2700x works better with 2 16gig sticks that say 4 8gig sticks which is why CMW32GX4M2C3200C16W is a last resort option.

Sorry for the wall of text but I really need help and advice on this. Will any of the above RAM work with the motherboard and CPU? Is quad channel RAM really that or just text on the package?

BIG THANKS in advance!!!!

Soldato
My brain is friend trying to understand what RAM to get for my new PC.

I will be getting the Ryzen 2700x CPU and probably the and the Aorus X470 Gaming 7 AC Wifi.
Will also be getting the MSI RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Gaming X Trio.

Now my problem is what RAM to get. There are so many different messages around that it has fried my brain. Motherboard compatibility lists don't have all RAM listed on them. Certain RAM for certain CPUs. It has all got the best of me which is why I am here literally begging for help.
So here is what I am looking for.
I would prefer RGB RAM as my case and fans and motherboard and AIO will have it.
Ideally for looks I want all 4 RAM sockets filled.

I had been looking at 2 packs of CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W. This RAM doesn't appear on any X470 compatibility list though. That RAM is also dual channel.

Was also looking at CMW32GX4M4C3200C16W is quad channel, 4 sticks of 8gig RAM. Will this work also in that motherboard?

From what I did manage to pick up is that the Ryzen 2700x works better with 2 16gig sticks that say 4 8gig sticks which is why CMW32GX4M2C3200C16W is a last resort option.

Sorry for the wall of text but I really need help and advice on this. Will any of the above RAM work with the motherboard and CPU? Is quad channel RAM really that or just text on the package?

BIG THANKS in advance!!!!

Running 2 x 16gb double sided sticks of ram is the same as running 4 x 8gb single sided sticks, same amount of work on the memory controller.

What about G.Skill, ive never had an issue with with those, The Trident Z series is an excellent kit, best to get something Samsung B die based, so something like this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/g.sk...channel-kit-f4-3600c16d-16gtzr-my-10l-gs.html

or the quad channel kit is here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/g.sk...channel-kit-f4-3600c16q-32gtzr-my-10m-gs.html

Ive used it in that same Gigabyte motherboard with an R7 1700, and R7 2700X, also in an ASUS CH7 and an MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC

Ive even used the 3200mhz Hynix based kit of the same ram in all of those motherboards and more without issues too.

Soldato
Associate
@Ben Wall

If you are just gaming then 16GB would be enough.

This Gigabyte RGB Kit would compliment the Gaming 7 board. It is a 16GB kit but with two 'Dummy sticks' so they just light up but don't add any memory capacity. They are Samsung B die as well.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £208.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Would you recommend 32GB for the occasional stream ?

Soldato
If you don't need the ram right now then wait & see what is reduced for Black Friday.

The ram lee32uk linked to will be fine as will the Team Dark Rock Pro 8Pack ram that OcUK sell, and also the Viper RBG kit that I have installed along with my 2600x.

OcUK also sell the Team Vulcan TUF kits that are Ryzen compatible. They have slower timings compared to the others, but are noticeably cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom