Sound Blaster X7 Control Panel Issues

Associate
Hey guys,

Basically I just bought myself a new Sound Blaster X7 I hook it up to my PC and download the driver but the control panel doesn't read it, the program states "Sound Blaster X7 cannot be detected. Ensure that the device is connected to the computer, and it is powered on." I've done everything; disabled the on-board audio card, uninstalled my anti-virus, device manager doesn't show any unknown devices, and changed between like 4 different USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. If anyone could help that would be great. Thank you.

Update: Works with Mac and not PC...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What components you have in PC?
At least might want to check that motherboard/chipset drivers are latest.

I have a I7-8700K, GTX 1080, 16GB 3000 MHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance, 500GB Samsung SSD. I updated all my BIOS, I checked all drivers and I even purchased DriverEasy to ensure all my drivers were up-to-date. I even spoke to a customer representitive for Creative and now I'm just waiting for a follow-up to inform them that what they wanted me to do didn't work. I also want to add that it works for my iPhone as well.

This is what I have https://imgur.com/a/K08SfX5

Associate
OP
I already completely uninstalled my AV and disabled Windows Defender.

According to the second link you posted, I would need to have this issue "Device Manager will display the non working device" but my PC displays the X7 in the Device Manager without any indication that it's a "non working device". But I'll try the rest of the instructions.

I think it's important to mention, when I try to update firmware, the program informs me the device already has the latest firmware. I'm not sure what exactly is going on. Reimage support suspects the version of Windows 10 I'm using is not supported by the application/software.

Last edited:
Associate
That's strange as my x7 is plugged into a 3.1 USB port and works fine? I've never had any trouble with Window's 10 and any Drivers. I did run into a problem trying to update the firmware but the 2nd try worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom