• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
Well I have tried everything and I just can't get the system stable at 3200mhz.

I have noticed that if I set 3200mhz the motherboard automatically applies voltage to the SOC. Default is 0.8v but as soon as I apply the speed of 3200mhz to memory the board applies an soc voltage of 1.05 or there about which is a bit odd.

Best result I can gain is by copying all the ryzen calc settings and setting the procodt to 48ohms with the cad drv strengths at 20 ohms.

This will get me in to windows but will crash about 2 mins later.

Shame. Kind of get the same result by just setting the chips XMP as well.

Beginning to think it's the whole combination causing issues board, memory and CPU.

So fussy! Resigned to the fact I probably can't get it running at 3200mhz.

Well checked the QVL for the motherboard and the 16GB kit has passed the QVL for my motherboard so I find it hard to believe that the 8GB kit would have issues.

So ram is QVL'ed by ram company for CPU, motherboard has QVL'ed memory for motherboard.

Only thing that bothers me is the CPU. Maybe that memory controller is so bad it can't even manage an overclock to 3200mhz?

I bought all the stuff of here so might engage with support to see if they can assist.

Yes, it needs the extra voltage to the SOC when you activate DOP. It feed the memory controller.
Whats your exact issue?
Have you upgraded to F2 bios, because it states "1. Improve memory compatibility"?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#support-dl-bios

Associate
Yes, it needs the extra voltage to the SOC when you activate DOP. It feed the memory controller.
Whats your exact issue?
Have you upgraded to F2 bios, because it states "1. Improve memory compatibility"?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#support-dl-bios
My exact issue is the motherboard won't post at 3200mhz ram xmp set. It will post at 3000mhz xmp but isn't stable.

If I disable xmp and use 2400mhz it works fine. I fint it dodgy that as soon as I set a memory multiple the board auto changes the soc voltage and all I can apply is dynamic. So I have limited soc voltage control. Beginning to think the board is garbage. Memory does appear on the motherboard qvl though at 3000mhz. 16gb kit appears at 3200mhz so not sure where to turn. Reached out to support but they are saying memory at rated speed is a nightmare even for them.

Yes using f2 even tried f1. Tried using mem calc setting everything manual that gets 3200mhz to post but barely makes it in to Windows. Only setting that aloows that is procodt 48 or 53. If I leave procodt at 60 it won't post.

Soldato
My exact issue is the motherboard won't post at 3200mhz ram xmp set. It will post at 3000mhz xmp but isn't stable.

If I disable xmp and use 2400mhz it works fine. I fint it dodgy that as soon as I set a memory multiple the board auto changes the soc voltage and all I can apply is dynamic. So I have limited soc voltage control. Beginning to think the board is garbage. Memory does appear on the motherboard qvl though at 3000mhz. 16gb kit appears at 3200mhz so not sure where to turn. Reached out to support but they are saying memory at rated speed is a nightmare even for them.

Yes using f2 even tried f1. Tried using mem calc setting everything manual that gets 3200mhz to post but barely makes it in to Windows. Only setting that aloows that is procodt 48 or 53. If I leave procodt at 60 it won't post.

Add more power on the RAM.

Associate
Add more power on the RAM.
Tried up to 1.365v. According to Kingston that's all it should need. I get the feeling that the board is feeding too much soc voltage to the cpu and the cpu doesn't like it. Might be totally wrong but I think I need someone that understands the settings interplay a bit more. Not implying you don't I meant myself.

Soldato
Tried up to 1.365v. According to Kingston that's all it should need. I get the feeling that the board is feeding too much soc voltage to the cpu and the cpu doesn't like it. Might be totally wrong but I think I need someone that understands the settings interplay a bit more. Not implying you don't I meant myself.

Your "feeling" is spot on. At 3200 with your ram, anything over 1.02v SOC can and will be unstable. In fact even 1.02v is probably too high, just below 1v is almost certainly the optimum. As i said earlier, very very small shifts in SOC make a huge difference in ram stability with Ryzen. Not so much with Ryzen1 maybe, but defo with Ryzen+.

Associate
unfortunately I can't get it stable with SOC vaults because the board jumps in deciding it's own setting the second I apply a multiplier even when I set the dynamic voltage to normal. Bad board bios I am guessing. Sort of given up on 3200mhz even though I can get it to post and might look to try and stabilise 3000mhz.

Associate
@GIGA-Man Hi mate are you able to assist with this seeming memory compatibility issue with my b450m d3h. It certainly seems to be a board issue and voltage increases by changing memory multiplier is a bit odd. Probably needs some bios and testing engagement. Not sure how to get in to that level without generic support.

Soldato
unfortunately I can't get it stable with SOC vaults because the board jumps in deciding it's own setting the second I apply a multiplier even when I set the dynamic voltage to normal. Bad board bios I am guessing. Sort of given up on 3200mhz even though I can get it to post and might look to try and stabilise 3000mhz.

I'll suggest the following if i can. Boot to the bios, select Load default settings, save and re-boot. On re-boot go straight back into the bios, select DOHCP standard for your ram, save exit and re-boot back into tho bios. Find your SOC voltage setting and manually imput 1.0v, save and exit back into the bios, then have a look at what you actual SOC voltage is reporting. If it is actually 1.0v then just exit the bios without saving and boot to windows. Let us know how that works for you ?

Associate
If I had those bios options I would. I can load defaults and I can apply XMP but I have no manual SOC voltage control only dynamic voltage control and that is only Auto, normal and +X.XXXv if you set +0v or normal it increases the soc voltage as soon as you set a memory multiplier of more than 24. standard soc voltage at 24x is 0.800v as soon as I set 30x I get 0.9 as soon as I set 32 I forget what I get but a bit more.

Associate
what is the safe soc voltage for a ryzen 1800x at stock ,at default it was stuttering and the screen was blanking out i thought it might be the graphics card

ive increased it from i think .975v to 1.1v and it does seem to be more stable but still a bit a bit flaky stuttering wise when i multitask

i'm not going to overclock so a bit wary of increasing the soc voltag, will it do any damage long term if i do and dont overclock.

thanks in advance!

Associate
Remind me what mobo you have got Aurhinius ?

Asking because why on hell are you setting any multiplier of any sort when you set DOHCP Standard ?

Gigabyte b450m d3h. Doesn't have dohcp whatever that is I thought it was xmp but might be wrong. Multiplier is to control the memory speed. If set xmp yes I don't need to change multiplier I can leave it on auto but the effect is the same the board auto changes the soc voltage to I am guessing what gigabyte think it needs. I can the add dynamic more positive voltage to that new base voltage. Negative is not an option. I think I have also found if I change procodt to 48ohm which gives me the ability to post at 3200mhz that has an effect on the base soc voltage too. When I get more time to play I will post some pictures. Hence why I reached out to @GIGA-Man because it seems bios is poor. Also I think it is using agesa1.0.0.2 which seems old thought it was up to 1.0.0.6 now but I might be wrong and getting zen and zen+ confused.

Associate
@GIGA-Man Hi mate are you able to assist with this seeming memory compatibility issue with my b450m d3h. It certainly seems to be a board issue and voltage increases by changing memory multiplier is a bit odd. Probably needs some bios and testing engagement. Not sure how to get in to that level without generic support.

Send a mail with the exact details.. BIOS revision, photo of the memory and the problem to [email protected]

I will chase it up with my HQ..

Associate
Send a mail with the exact details.. BIOS revision, photo of the memory and the problem to [email protected]

I will chase it up with my HQ..

Thanks Mate, I have sent the e-mail as requested with pictures of the memory, the bios details and the Kingston QVL which says this should work with Ryzen at 3200mhz. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Can I just say that @GIGA-Man has been extremely helpful already and very response. Credit to the company so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom