• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

;)

Permabanned
You can get 120gig SSD for 19 quid....how much cheaper do you want? :p

There's some great ssd deals at the moment, I got a 500gb Samsung M.2 970 evo for £129 the other day, It came with a free code for Assassin's Creed Odyssey which I sold on the MM for £28 so I got a lightning fast 500gb Boot drive for £101, You can also get the 1tb Samsung 860 evo sata drive with the free game for £160 so that's £132 if you sell the game, Maybe it's time to move away from the mechanical hard drive? That said, I recently read an article somewhere that stated prices are expected to drop some more next year:)

Associate
AMD Radeon RX 590 Pricing, Availability and $180 US Game Bundle

https://videocardz.com/79007/amd-ra...g0laP65Mj-zPZT8W15kJwR83T8VFehEKvuUk_MW_1Uxho

Let’s start with the most important piece of information. The official MSRP for Radeon RX 590 is 279 USD. This is a suggested price for nonexisting reference model (I mean there is a slide with a reference design, but I’m pretty sure it won’t be available). That said, the 279 USD price tag is likely just a starting point.

The price of RX 590 is therefore 40 USD higher than RX 480 at launch and 50 USD higher than RX 580 at launch (we are talking about 8GB models here).

It is important to note that Radeon RX 590 will be offered with a ‘blockbuster launch bundle’, with three ‘free’ titles included: Devil May Cry 5 (unreleased) The Division 2 and Resident Evil 2 (unreleased).

-------------
POWERCOLOR RED DEVIL RX 590 8GB GDDR5

https://videocardz.com/press-release/powercolor-announces-radeon-rx-590-red-devil

Last edited:
Caporegime
God damn! That's one HELLUVA deal! Seriously tempted to sell off my 480 and grab one of these, as DMC5 was a pretty sure buy from me anyway, and also enjoyed The Divison immensely. It's basically like a free performance increase and warranty refresh.
Yes, £230 to £299 is indeed "free", by anyone's definition :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Less the ~£130 or so you can ebay a 480 for, and the value of the bundled games (£100?), then yes potentially it could be a "free" (or certainly cheap) upgrade and warranty refresh
Still depends on all the games being day-1 purchases or being able to sell them on for £35 each. Which isn't guaranteed.

How much does the 480 make on the MM here? I wouldn't risk selling on ebay, that's for sure. £130 is a fair bit more than I would expect them to fetch, but I haven't looked...

e: £130 seems to be the MM price also. Odd when they dropped to £180 new for a time. Not much of a discount on a 2 year old card, but that's what people are paying, I see.

Last edited:
Soldato
e: £130 seems to be the MM price also. Odd when they dropped to £180 new for a time. Not much of a discount on a 2 year old card, but that's what people are paying, I see.
The 480 was rebranded as the 580, which currently retails new for £200 and up depending on brand/design. Even despite the cards age it would be odd if they were selling used for < half their retail value.

Caporegime
The 480 was rebranded as the 580, which currently retails new for £200 and up depending on brand/design. Even despite the cards age it would be odd if they were selling used for < half their retail value.
Age is a big part of 2nd hand value and always has been.

I.e. a brand new 580 just unboxed and not used would have a higher asking price than 2-year old 480.

The price of the 580 - even if it is the same card as the 480 - would be more, under normal circumstances, due to less age (and therefore normally less use).

A 480 which has been gamed on for 2 years could reasonably be expected to be about £100 by now. Or a 1-year old card bought for £180 new (they were this price for a time). That's not unreasonable.

But they are obviously worth what people will pay for them, and I can't argue that people are indeed paying £130 for them.

Frankly to me the whole market seems nuts, and the 2nd hand market being expensive is just a reflection of the crazy new prices.

Soldato
I'd be interested in a sub £200 RX 590 with 3 games for my daughters build, just not ponying up £280 especially when the VEGA 56 is selling for £349.

Back
Top Bottom