Access router history

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I'm not familiar with the router but I would say it is pretty unlikely it would keep that level of logging.

Soldato
OP
Use a DNS provider who logs such as OpenDNS?

Yeah after browsing this part of the forum I figured Opendns was the best option. I have to change the connection to a dynamic ip first though.

I'm not familiar with the router but I would say it is pretty unlikely it would keep that level of logging.

As far as we can tell, you're right it doesn't.

Soldato
You need to change the DNS settings to point to OpenDNS.

The local IP address and gateway won't change.

You can also change the DNS settings on your router if it allows it. If your devices have dynamic IPs they'll pick up the revised DNS settings at the same time.

If you want devices to have fixed IPs use the IP reservation features that the router should have.

Soldato
You'll need to change it on the device instead. How practical this is will depend on the type of device.

Most routers will allow the DNS to be changed. Unfortunately some ISPs seem to like locking it down.

I'd question why you'd want to be logging in the first place, but that's your decision.

Soldato
OP
It's just an experiment for me. I was helping a friend in another country help log their families history. I thought I'd set it up on mine as I'm helping them. This is why I originally asked for help with the Alcatel router.
I have a Plusnet hub one. And there's no DNS changing options on that.
Changing it on all devices is a non starter for them, so I'm hoping they can change dns. I'll find out later.

Back
Top Bottom