Madness Case chase!!

Associate
So many cases to choose from right?

I'm thinking it's time to change my system meaning going to keep some parts but with an new look. At the moment using an "Cooler Master - Storm Trooper" as it's an very nice case but very heavy and big and looking to downsize the case so that it doesn't overpower my office.

An new case with some nice RGB with an side glass. Case with easy cable management. Spent about two days to come up with an case that I like.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...gb-special-edition-black-white-ca-06y-pt.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...ase-black-window-cc-9011081-ww-ca-216-cs.html

Corsair is the cheapest and I don't like it has an handle on the glass, rather like full panel glass, like the
Corsair 275R. Phantek has more airflow it seems but comes with RGB affect and better cable management.

Phanteks enthoo evolv X takes my interest but at an cost! sems to be to high to what I want to pay for.

Associate
OP
It is cheaper since it's not RGB Fan case. Talking about it that the case you mention above doesn't even have that front fan option?

Looking to get an nice Corsair H115I Pro to go nicely with the case that I yet to pick. I do like the Lian Li, Dynamic Midi-tower but in the long run can cost allot more since it doesn't have 120mm fans and for three pack of RGB fans, looking at over 50

PS: can anyone recommended me good case fan for Dynamic Midi-tower

Last edited:
Associate
I just did this same change recently, had a Cooler Master CM Storm, great case, it's just massive and overkill these days.

I went for the Corsair 275R in the end, really like it. No real difference in temps with the watercooler and it's deathly quiet with my own fan curve setup and the ML120 fans :)

Few pics

Before
BEa2Lal.jpg

Y1mhaOm.jpg

After
gqriqen.jpg.png
vkz9fUP.jpg
HgZ44Vh.jpg

Associate
OP
Yeah I agree and that's why I'm going to do the same! it's big and 2018 life is no longer bigger the better.

I'm going to go with H115i Pro with some RGB fans and since my Board doesn't support RGB then "Corsair Commander PRO" will be used as it's the only one that I can see that does fans and light strips.

Regards the case more leading to "Phanteks enthoo pro m with RGB edition" since it has fans with lights in them as the other version doesn't. I like to have RGB but not crazy!! like lights just fading..

Just don't know if Commander PRO will do the job.

Associate
I looked into RGB but love my PC to be as quiet as possible. I'm very OCD with noise and the RGB ML120 fans were about £70 for 3 then another £50 for the controller.

Over £100 for some pretty LEDs. I like glowing/LED hardware but I work in engineering myself, I know what these cost to make which makes it harder for me to justify buying them :D

Associate
OP
I looked into RGB but love my PC to be as quiet as possible. I'm very OCD with noise and the RGB ML120 fans were about £70 for 3 then another £50 for the controller.

Over £100 for some pretty LEDs. I like glowing/LED hardware but I work in engineering myself, I know what these cost to make which makes it harder for me to justify buying them :D
I see you have the LED on the fans :) but not fully clear. Whta controller you using?

Associate
@Funky-Melon was dead set on the 275R until I watched Hardware Canucks review
What have you found the side panels like?
As he mentions the side panel being a huge pain with the design having nothing to hook/rest it on when fitting/removing + the flat screws

Associate
To be honest I've not had any issues with it. I just support it carefully and unscrew it using a screw driver and an allen key bit on the end, no issues. It's easier to do on it's side but I've not had any difficulties doing it stood upright.

I can see why some would find it annoying and it's not as fast as using screws like the more expensive cases but I think I actually prefer the look now, thumb screws are nice but they do stick out.

I don't tend to take mine apart much when everything is running/looking how I like anyway so it's not a big deal for me. For the £70 it cost it's a great case IMO :)

Associate
To be honest I've not had any issues with it. I just support it carefully and unscrew it using a screw driver and an allen key bit on the end, no issues. It's easier to do on it's side but I've not had any difficulties doing it stood upright.

I can see why some would find it annoying and it's not as fast as using screws like the more expensive cases but I think I actually prefer the look now, thumb screws are nice but they do stick out.

I don't tend to take mine apart much when everything is running/looking how I like anyway so it's not a big deal for me. For the £70 it cost it's a great case IMO :)

That's fair enough. Like you once I've put my new system together I can't see myself needing to take the side panel off very often.
At this price point there's no other cases that really excite me either.

Looks great for the price tag, and besides the side panel he pretty much had nothing bad to say.
Cable management options are amazingly well thought out!

Think it's decided :D

Associate
@Empire24453 yeah I agree on the air flow, also considering the Meshify C for that reason. Although I don't love the front panel design I don't thing it's terrible either.
But the trend seems to be the solid panel front's at the moment and reviews across the board don't seem to say too much about over heating on any case, so maybe its not a massive issue.

I won't have loads of hardware either. 240 rad at most, a graphics card, 1 SSD and 1 HDD, don't need optical drives.
Pretty much any case will do.

Associate
End of the day it comes down to what case you need to regards what hardware and also what people like. Most of us now have the case displayed on the desk. "75R does look very nice but that put me off wit the 4 screws and the front of the case doesn't have much of an air flow.

The airflow isn't as bad as you'd think. I shared similar concerns but it sucks through a half inch gap that runs from top to bottom either side of the front panel and also from underneath. I'm running less fans than my old gigantic build and it doesn't run much hotter at all.

At idle it's about the same, my ML120's run at 20%, unless you put your ear right next to them you wouldn't know they were on, same with H100i fans and the graphics card fans are off.

It's about 10 degrees hotter under load but I've got quite aggressive fan curves setup to counter that. With very quiet fans anyway + gaming noise it doesn't matter how fast they run, I don't really hear them and it all runs nice and cool :)

Back
Top Bottom