Change address on PDF print document

Soldato
im in the process of moving offices and I need to change my letterhead, business cards etc. Sadly the designer I used is no longer in business and I only have the pdf print files.

I’ve previously used these no problem to order from Where The Trade Buys so o thought I’d just be able add the new address in Photoshop save as PDF and upload to WTTB and get my shiny new stationary in a few days. But no!

The artwork was rejected because the trim box was too big. The new PDF document has the crop marks on from be original document but I’m guessing that Photoshop flattens the whole image and the crop marks need to be in a layer perhaps?

Is there anything I can do from the pdf ? I have Photoshop and Indesign (although ID won’t let me open a pdf)

Thanks for any help.

Soldato
Do you have the full Adobe CC package or just those 2 products? For quick PDF changes I usually import to Illustrator, edit then re-save. The original crop marks would have been vectors and easily removed, assuming photoshop would have rasterised the layer. The trim box is the outer dimension of the product you want printing, if they use an automated system that picks up the crop marks it might not have picked it up if they were not vectors. If you're completely stuck I can make the changes if needed, would only take a couple of mins from the originals.

Back
Top Bottom