• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD BLACK FRIDAY: MASSIVE DISCOUNTS ON VEGA & RX PLUS RX 590 IS HERE & UPTO THREE GAMES FREE !!!

Caporegime
Holy moly Gibbo! That's some cracking deals.

I am in quandary now. I have a 980Ti and a normal 1440p IPS monitor but want to get on Freesync/Gsync, with the former been the much more likely option.

If I could sell my 980Ti for £175-200, a couple of games (if possible), seems silly not to go for a V56.

Decisions....

Soldato
What on earth was Sapphire thinking with the colour scheme of the 590 Nitro+ special edition?
Probably that they wanted to go back to the old days of cool/fun color schemes instead of the boring junk everyone been shipping for the past 3-5 years :p

In fairness though EVGA lead the charge with their RTX XC Ultra cards, coolest looking cards in a decade (though this new sapphire one does give them a run for their money).

Soldato
Question for vega owners.

Do the 56 and 64 cards not have DVI at all?
Mine don't, however Displayport is backwards compatible with DVI/HDMI so you can connect DP to DVI adaptors or cables to those ports, or use HDMI to DVI cables (same era of tech, sideways compatible due to being essentially the same thing with diff connectors for computers/TVs).

Soldato
What's the deal with flashing a V64 bios onto a V56 card? Can this be done on any V56 card?

Afaik only on the ones with Samsung memory, which is usually 10% of the cards, someone purchased a bunch and tested (miners) but can't remember where I saw it. Imo the flashing bios bit is overrated, it's not really the free performance you read about.

Associate
Damn you, OcUK. I want the Division 2 and I'd come to the conclusion that the one Vega 64 I'd consider is the Sapphire. I've now just got to convince my wife that I did this so that my son could get a graphics card upgrade, as a RX 580 is much better than his current card. No, of course I didn't do it so I could get a Vega 64. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom