Anyone own a Surface laptop/pro/go

Soldato
I just ordered a Surface laptop 2 replace my macbook, I am wondering how is the Alcantara holding up if you own one?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Surface pro 4 that I've had for 3 years is fine. Can tell it's been used but, it hasn't ripped or cracked in any way.

Thanks for the reply I am just worried about the alcantara having stain or worn marks, MS don't cover it under warranty and their is no way of replacing it.

Edit: Glad it tried it in store the grey is not for me, got myself a refund.

Last edited:
Associate
Slight hijack of the thread - I have the surface book 2 (and previouisly 1), but still cant get a 4k monitor to reliably work on the surface dock.

Any one maganed to do this?

Soldato
I'm looking to buy a Surface Pro 6 this week.
Looking at the deals available the best price is £749 For an i5 125gig with a keyboard.

I'm now wondering should I order now or see if the price drops further on Friday.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I'm itching to pull the trigger on a pro 6 or a book 2. Worlds of difference apart in cost, but obviously performance too.

Soldato
OP
If you guys have American express card you get £100 cash back from Microsoft store on orders over £400

Man of Honour
I'm itching to pull the trigger on a pro 6 or a book 2. Worlds of difference apart in cost, but obviously performance too.

I was close to buying a Surface Book 2, really nice but of kit, we've just rolled them out at work but ultimately ended up with the top end 1TB Surface Pro 6, mainly due to weight.

Its brilliant and its been much better for Work than my iPad Pro was - could do with a cheaper Tablet device though for Video/Media type stuff - possibly considering a Surface Go for that however I think I'd be better off with a Chrome/Android one for Apps really.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I was close to buying a Surface Book 2, really nice but of kit, we've just rolled them out at work but ultimately ended up with the top end 1TB Surface Pro 6, mainly due to weight.

Its brilliant and its been much better for Work than my iPad Pro was - could do with a cheaper Tablet device though for Video/Media type stuff - possibly considering a Surface Go for that however I think I'd be better off with a Chrome/Android one for Apps really.
What are the most hungry apps you're powering on it? I see they come with win 10 home and a pro upgrade costs £100+

Soldato
I'm looking to buy a Surface Pro 6 this week.
Looking at the deals available the best price is £749 For an i5 125gig with a keyboard.

I'm now wondering should I order now or see if the price drops further on Friday.

Me too looking to buy a Surface Pro 6 and found i5, 128GB with a keyboard for £699 after enter the coupon code.

Probably will order this weekend or on Cyber Monday. :)

Soldato
OP
Anyone use the Surface pro as laptop replacement how you finding it? Also has anyone hooked it up to a 1080p monitor how is the scaling ?

Back
Top Bottom